How to avoid ATM threats - a social engineering menace
Worried about the growing trend in ATM card scamming? Get knowledgeable to be alert for ATM threats from the tips and guidance given here and be safe against such threats.
Social engineering (Security) is the idea of scamming or conning. Social Engineering is a word connoting the act of illegally influencing a personnel or a device to collect the confidential information with an unwanted intention. In other words it is the act of stealing the data base of an organisation. But the act has been widely entering into the financial confidence of individuals.
International financial robbers are roaming all over the globe. So it is time to have some knowledge about social engineering. Examples of social engineering are the following:
1. A call request for a password change.
2. A call pretending to be an authority
3. "Shoulder Surfing "
4.Incognito - Secrete person using the password
5."Dumpster Diving "
6. Messages asking asking to open links
7. Winner Message
Here we will discuss how to avoid ATM threats-
1. Avoid negligence of ATM cards. It is as same as cash not a plastic card alone
2. Keep the PIN numbers in secrete spaces, not in wallet or in mobile notes but in your minds. Remember a human mind is much powerful than a computer and computer is invented by a huna mind. So you can remember your ATM PIN.
3. Change passwords after all long travels. Especially after travelling abroad
4. Do not use ATM cards to substandard selling points.
5. Do not give any details of your ATM cards over telephone in any case to a third person
6. If you have more money , use call deposits than savings deposits.
7. Keep on watching news updates of ATM scams.