You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Don’t judge people with your own parameter of success.

The word success definition is different person to person and you just can't judge other's success with your own parameter of success. If you are successful in your field, other (whom you indicate or compare) might be successful in his/her field. You just can't decide your own and come to any conclusion.

Example: If you reached on certain level in ISC where other could not do so far, doesn't mean that others can't get to that height in which you are in. It is just matter of the time and availability one should have for ISC and the success in ISC is yours. However, it must not be taken in our "mind" that others are not successful. Who knows, other may be successful in a field in which you are just a "big zero".

So, if you got success, you should be humble for that instead of comparing others with your own parameters.
    Trend is known from the past. Things generally follow trends. Exceptions are always there. World has more 'averages' than exceptions.
    If world did not have more averages, then for each one a new should be custom made, there could not have ready made items.
    So there are some universal principles and formula. For the smooth function of the world there should be more uniformity and compliance. Exceptions can be accepted only when that is rare and occasional. So if anyone tries to predict based on trend and experience, then we cannot blame him. But there is always chance for the prediction to go wrong and an exception to occur. But a prudent person always tries to learn from trends and predictions, even if he wants to grow beyond the average and uniform.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

The meaning of success differ from person to person and meaning of success change from time to time. Before 4 years of if you would have asked me what is success means for you I would have told I want a job where I get a good position or some lakhs a year say 5 lakh. Today for me it means different today I want to excel in other areas. Even in same faternity if to some other CA we ask what success means for you he will give some different answers. It totally depends in what type of situation situation we are today. What we want today from our life . Some one is successful in our view but in some one els view he might not be. So I don't feel one need to fix some parameters for being successful and it's not correct to compare.

Success is a private affair and therefore it can never with compared with other's achievements. Only naive and novices are prone to blare about their achievements primarily because they are ignorant of the limits of success. As a matter of fact, there is no limit to success as it is ever evolving.

It is as important to not to feel proud of one's own achievement as not harboring an inferiority complex by other's progress. All individuals are a unique piece created by the almighty God and have been blessed with distinctive abilities. There is no set parameter or scale to measure success and contrary to the popular belief, it is not relative also.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Nice to see such matured reply from our members. However, my this thread is to them who change their stand thread by thread.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Without raking up controversial issues, I would like to state that definition of success varies from man to man. We should not force our definition on others. I have seen many such cases. Persons having a natural bent towards literature have to study Engineering or Medical because the parents and relatives force them to study these so called 'good' subject. As a result, many students, even after becoming doctors or engineer, remain dissatisfied with their profession throughout their life. As a result, not only those dissatisfied persons, but also the organisations and the society suffer.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I do agree with the author that success in our life should not bring in over head attitude in our person. Every one strive for the success and for some it reaches early and for others it may be late but they are also sure. Success should not bring over confidence also. That is very danger. If you become over confidence, then you are bound to make series of mistakes and that many spoil your repute and also the further journey to further heights would be hampered. So when you achieve success, be constant and be normal. That silence attitude would baffle others not because of your performance but because of subtle attitude.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments