You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Are there published guidelines about posting ask expert answers?

The 'forum submission guidelines' and the 'guidelines about writing articles' are perhaps the most referred guidelines by the ISCians though other guidelines are also available e.g. guidelines for jobs sections etc.

The following article posted by the ME in the year 2009 contains guidelines about all sections of ISC -

India Study Channel Guidelines

Other than above, I am not aware of any other guidelines about the answers to be posted in the ask expert section. I have, therefore, to request the fellow IScians to enlighten me about the availability of any such resource.

Also, in wake of a number of threads appearing regarding the ask expert section in the recent past, I feel the editorial team of ISC may consider developing updated guidelines about posting answers in the ask expert section.

What are your comments about the subject matter?
    Here is the link to Ask experts guide lines provided by the famed editor Gyandeep Kaushal in the year 2011 and that was detailed enough.

ISC Ask Experts Question Posting Guidelines - Updated

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan Ji - The thread quoted by you is about questions to be posted in the ask expert section whereas my query is about the answers to be posted in the ask expert section.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr kailash, why should you be in doubt? Where is the requirement of a guideline in this regard? One should attempt a query in Ask Expert section only if he is confident that he is logical and right. Wisdom need to rule and you need to be humane while responding to AE queries, especially when they are related to life. There is no need for any guideline in such matters because it is you who should decide whether you are right and must react accordingly only!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

The answers to be posted in the ask experts section is purely based on the knowledge of the respective members who attempt that thread. Any question can be answered in different way provided you are doing so on your own. If you refer any source for that question, then the answer would be similar by other members too. That is why I always insists that responses should be own based on personal experience and we need not refer any source or information. Our personal experience in any matter would be well understood by the author and hence he thinks that is apt answer.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

As far as guidelines are concerned, the same are always required. It is not about the personal requirement of any individual member but instead for reference and guidance of all stakeholders including the editors concerned while evaluating a posted answer e.g. repetition of an information already posted by authors in the previous responses may not be encouraged. That way the authors will be required to read the previous responses before posting their own answers.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Anybody who is confused should read: IndiaStudyChannel.com Sectionwise FAQs. It's all there with simple guidance and if some particular specific aspect is not understood, then for further clarity a member should raise a thread.
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sign In to post your comments