You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

What to write about – a perpetual dilemma

Coming up for a subject to create articles can sometime be quite an uphill task. Considering ISC has plethora of talent, it is requested that the management come up with a plan where ISCians with good writing skills are suggested topics to write on. Doing so will ensure that there is a continuous flow of high-quality articles on suitable topics, that bring in more traffic and revenue.

Can ISC help in resolving this perpetual dilemma that many writers must be facing?
    Although the proposal is good for traffic and revenue generation, personally I don't support this proposal. I feel that such 'ordered' articles may hamper the creativity of creative writers. Such creative writers may lose their creativity and spontaneity while manufacturing 'ordered' articles.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

One possibility is to announce contests from time to time on worthy topics. The recently concluded contest on study abroad topic is a typical example. The said contest not only fetched overwhelming response but yielded quality articles also.

However, at the same time, the run of the mill kind of articles will have to be discouraged also. It will have to be acknowledged that we have to change with time so as to keep pace with the trends and add value to the system. It may not be necessary to carry on the old systems and practices which were initially introduced and continued.

I concur with and support the views expressed by the author of the thread that submission of articles only on chosen areas may be accepted so as to maintain the quality of the contents. It may also be prudent to purge the old articles which are not fetching any traffic and only occupying the memory space of the server.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Creative pursuits of creative writers will not be hampered if my suggestion is implemented. It does not suggest that we kill creativity. Those who wish to be creative can continue being so. ISC is mostly about traffic and revenue and my proposal is made keeping these in mind.

To avoid run of the mill articles topics should be suggested to only those writers who are capable of delivering quality articles.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

I support this view of author. I had taken similar stand in various contexts.
    Many members(including myself) d not have the SEO skills, and not much expertise in the web content posting based on keyword importance and traffic. However many of those members may have writing skills. So if a good topic suitable for traffic is suggested they may come up with good articles and posts.

That was the effectiveness of erstwhile 'keyword' resource competitions and present article contests and the recent TBDT, GD s, TOW topics etc.
    Without stopping the spontaneous article submission, more and more topic based article suggestions can be resorted to.

Majority of articles submitted by me are as response to such contests suggested by ISC.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Yes the announcement of article contest also not happened for some months and hence what author said is true, we may come up with articles on particular subject which may also fetch traffic.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Does this post not warrant a response from any of the forum editors? It's been 3 days.
    A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Sign In to post your comments