You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The visitor who changed our house forever

When I was a child I always enjoyed playing with my friends. Holidays were real fun. All friends will gather in a place or in one of the friend's house and we played all day long. We never got bored. We went home only to eat a meal. We never had enough time. And for vacations we went to our native place and played with children living in the neighborhood. Whatever it was we were waiting for our holidays. Now also children have holidays and vacations. But they do not play the way we did. They spend most of their time in front of the television or laptop. It is either their favourite TV programme or their favourite video game. They are able to do this for hours without moving from the place. They never get bored to play the same game again and again. They play outside only during the Physical Education period in their school , and then they forget about playing outside. I feel sad that they do not realize how much they are missing by not playing outside with their friends. Technology has entered into our houses and it has changed the lives of children. It has made them believe that the virtual world is real world. How I wish that one day I will be able to make these children understand that playing outside with their friends will make them more healthy and happy.
    You have tried to bring out the changes the TV has brought into children's behaviour and generally in households.
    We have to guess and link the title to the main content.
    However I appreciate your interest and aptitude in writing contents. By reviewing and refining your write ups and learning and experiencing more, you can become a good writer of contents.

I agree that TV has stolen the prime time from our children and adults from their other occupations. However change is a constant happening. If something better than TV comes, then that will get the place.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Things do change with the passage of time. There was a time in the past when there were no schools and the children had nothing else to do but to play only throughout the day. However, after the advent of technology, the things began changing at a faster pace.

In the cities, there are other issues also. The population has increased tremendously and the people have started living in flats instead of spacious independent houses with open spaces both in the front and rear sides. Traffic has increased manifold making it riskier to venture out for playing in the neighborhood parks if any. In addition to that, crime has increased and sometimes we come across unfortunate news of kidnapping of children for ransom etc. The playgrounds etc. are vanishing from the school premises also. Nowadays, many schools are housed in a multistory building without any playground though equipped with air-conditioners.

In future, more changes will occur due to further increase in population and consequent increase in the vehicular traffic. However, the fact remains that it is very important for children to involve themselves in some kind of physical activity in any case.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments