You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do people think before making a phone call to others?

I have seen that many people have a tendency to push the buttons and call others on the spur of the moment without thinking even once. They feel like having been empowered to call anybody anything on the strength of possessing a handset capable of making a call.

In cases of emergency, it is justifiable to make calls even at odd hours. But why to disturb people during the period of their ablutions, prayer, meals or siesta.

Do you welcome receiving phone calls anytime or have a tendency of calling others anytime you feel like doing so or have some priorities, preferences or considerations regarding the same?
    I really hate people calling early morning or late night just to talk mundane matters. It forces us to look at the caller id and ignore calls from such people ad say white lies.
    Now, after the 'free offer' from Reliance Jio, people use phone for frequent and long duration calls. They have to use the free offer. That also has started creating nuisance.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I generally avoid telephone and mobile phone as much as possible. In my residence, I don't pick up the telephone. Even in case of call in mobile phone, I sometime ask my wife or my daughter to pick up my personal mobile phone. However, despite all efforts, the phones always disturb me! I have to attend more than 100 external calls and 200 internal calls everyday in my Office.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Yes phone calls have intruded our privacy to much extent and we have to blame people who are unaware of the fact that for every person there are some private moments in life through which they have to undergo and one should not disturb the tranquility. Calling late night or early morning has become the nuisance. The BSNL is providing free call to its customers during nights until early morning. But those who are having cell phones, they are fast asleep during late night or early morning and any call coming in odd hours also gets bad news. So we have to avoid calling in night.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Reliance Jio has offered free calls between 2 AM to 5 AM. I hope that this free call period will not be used by the people for making social calls.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The companies may offer anything. But the hopelessly introvert people like Partha Kansabanik would avoid telephones and mobile phones as much as possible, even if these become free 24x7!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Obviously, it is quite annoying when someone calls you during working hours. And this act becomes too disturbing when the person knows about your working schedule and even then he/she calls you just for fulfilling his/her task. I think people should first think before calling to a person unless and until there is an emergency. May be the person you are calling could be driving in heavy traffic, or in a meeting with boss, etc. So, a call in such situations can bring unpredictable results.
    With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

Sign In to post your comments