You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Indian Kabaddi Team announced for the World Cup-2016

As on date, India is the undisputed leader in only one game, i.e., Kabaddi. The Kabaddi World Cup is going to be held at Ahmedabad. The World Cup will commence from 7th October. Twelve counties are going to participate in this prestigious tournament.

Indian National Team for the World Cup has been announced today. Star raider Anup Kumar will lead the Team. All-rounder Manjeet Chhillar has been named the vice-captain of India. He is considered world's best defender. The other members of the Team are: Ajay Thakur (Raider) Deepak Hooda (Raider) Dharmaraj Cheralathan (Defender), Jasvir Singh (Raider), Kiran Parmar (Defender), Mohit Chillar (Defender), Nitin Tomar (Defender), Pardeep Narwal (Raider), Rahul Chaudhari (Raider), Sandeep Narwal (All-Rounder) and Surender Nada (Defender). The coach of the Indian Team is Balwan Singh.

Members of ISC! Let's wish our National Kabaddi Team very best for the oncoming World Cup.
    My best wishes and whole lots of loves for the National Kabaddi Team led by Anup Kumar to facce the World cup matches in Ahmedabad from 7th Oct this year. Hope to see some wonderful moments soon.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Incidentally, Kabaddi is the national game of our neighboring country Bangladesh where it is popularly known as 'hadudu'. The first Asian Kabaddi Championship was convened in the year 1980 in which India emerged as champion, beating Bangladesh in the final.

Total 12 countries i.e. Iran, South Korea, Bangladesh, USA, England, Australia, Poland, Thailand, Japan, Argentina, Kenya and the hosts India are taking part in the Kabaddi World Cup

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is really astonishing that people and media are equally disinterested about a sports in which India enjoys unquestionable supremacy. The Kabaddi World Cup is going to commence on 7th October, 2016 on Indian soil, but there is absolutely no discussion. What has happened to us?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Kabaddi is one of the traditional sports in India and is also popular in the countries of South Asia. It is also noted that India is one of the successful teams and an unbeaten Champions in Kabaddi. India has already won the championship titles in Asian games and in many other tournaments. Both the men and the women team of India has carved their success in the history of the Kabaddi games conducted so far. Similar to IPL, the Pro Kabaddi League conducted between the different cities in India, has unleashed the talent of the Kabaddi players in India. I hope our Indian Kabaddi Team will make the country proud by winning the Championship title in the Men's Kabaddi World Cup which is going to commence at Ahmedabad.

I wish Team India to prove their defending skills in the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.

Thanks Parbha Sir for informing about Kabaddi Worldcup information. I was not aware about this important news. India is champion in this sports from a long period of time. Last year the event was held in Punjab and now the event is taking place in Ahmedabad. Indian has won most titles about 7 while its women category has won 3 titles. Canada and Pakistan will not be participating in this World cup 2016 which are good competitors in Kabaddi World Cup.
    With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

Mr. Ravi, my name is Partha. The last Kabaddi World Cup (Male) was held at Sri Muktsar Sahib. The last Kabaddi World Cup (Female) was held at the same place in 2014. This is for information for all.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments