You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Beware! Men carrying arms have been spotted near Uran, Maharashtra!

The Indian Navy and the Mumbai Police have been put on high alert after 4-5 suspicious men carrying arms and suspected to be terrorists were spotted in Uran near Mumbai in Maharashtra on Wednesday. Maharashtra DGP has reported that some children on their way to school had spotted these men wearing army fatigues and bearing weapons at around 6 in the morning on Wednesday.

A major search operation has been launched in Maharashtra with the Indian Navy on high alert soon after the children informed the police about the men. The authorities are also trying to get information from the local residents of Uran.

I request Members of ISC from Maharashtra to remain careful and alert and also advise their relatives and neighbours to remain extremely alert, and immediately report the Police if any uncommon activity is noticed.
    I get this uncanny feeling that this is a hoax. I also truly hope that it is a hoax, because if it is true it shows our security and intelligence agencies in very poor light. It magnifies the loopholes in our preparedness in securing our borders. It shows a failure of the state machinery.

The fact that no one other than two school-going kids saw these men appears dubious. It was 6:30 in the morning and highly unlikely that the roads near the Naval Base were empty. How come no one else saw these guys? How likely is it for a group of people with a sinister design to be discussing their targets – which the kids not just overheard but understood? Would these guys not have had their strategies already planned – would they be discussing them on the road, in the morning?

I heard the school has declared a holiday on 23rd Sep. Though Mumbai is put on high-alert, I hope this turns out to be false, and just a figment of imagination of the boy and the girl!

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Such warnings from Intelligence department must be authenticated and a stern warning and alert be issued to Maharastra and other states to be ever vigil. Citizens has to move carefully and never gather at crowded place. When ever suspected persons are seen in your colony or other places, immediately report to the police. Whether the call is a hoax or genuine, the police and para Military forces must be alert as Mumbai has been targeted systematic way in the past and we lost many lives. This time their ulterior motives must be subverted at the route level itself.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The police and paramilitary forces are supposed to be on high alert at all times irrespective of any intelligence input or otherwise. I doubt if the suspected terrorists will move wearing black outfits to be easily spotted by the shool kids. It is not like a fancy dress event. Unfortunately, when they strike we come to know it later only when the damage is already done.

In my opinion, we should not give much credence to such stories and should instead trust our security forces and intelligence agencies to take care of such situations by taking appropriate necessary action.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The Maharashtra Police is itself on high alert. So, the citizens must remain careful.

Stay alert. Stay safe.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Actually I noticed that if Information come in advance then nothing happen but when it happen then no update but I hope I may be wrong with my ideas.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Sign In to post your comments