You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

Reality shows are encouraging or no?

Hi,
    As per my previous television discussion forums this time I wish to know about reality shows. Now In all channels reality shows are running at a high rate. I think its all about TRP now, because none of the reality shows are worth watching. Even anchoring also is so dramatic and even the judges. Some time the judges will not be of that field they just come for the sake to gain popularity. The only reality show I watched was CANARA BANK EYDHE THUMBI HADUVENU it was a singing show where SPB was the judge till the end. When any participant would loose or do any mistake he would pleasingly correct them, actually it was very joyful to watch that. But now I dont find in these reality shows.
    Not only reality shows but all television programs including news channels are commercial ventures and are aimed at earning money for which TRP matters. The very fact that all such channels are surviving, indicates that there are many people who watch such programs. It is up to the individual concerned to watch any particular program or not.

As on in the year 2015, there were total 403 news and current affairs channels and 429 non-news channels i.e. total 832 television channels in India but people hardly see few channels of their choice and preference. Thus the individuals are free to choose programs of their liking.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In year 2004 or 2005 Indian idiol was the big hit before this show saregamapa was only most watched reality show. After that this trend started . Initially it was good platform for contestants and provided them decent recognisation . Now it became way more dramatic to handle. If we switch on tv on Sunday or Saturday every channel has showing one reality show. It provides platform to newcomers but it became some what boring.

Participating in a reality shows needs guts and courage. Every participant must expect that he is not going to win the race and just participating for the sake of competition. Otherwise emotions run down their cheeks. And coming to the judging part, some times we find out of box judges sitting at the helm and how they can judge it properly. In one of the comedy reality show, we have Pakistani fast bowler as the judge and he appreciate even the worst performance much to annoy of the viewers. Appreciating every performance also does not go well as the audience are the real judges in any event.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments