Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Group Discussions »

Co-Education - Boon or Curse

Posted Date: 05 Jun 2008      Posted By:: Saranya Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 77     Points: 1   Responses: 38

Hello friends,
Good morning.

Today we are going to discuss about the topic Co-education is a boon or a curse.
In my point of view, co-education is a boon.

Co-education is a system where boys and girls study together.

Co-education have many advantages and ofcourse some disadvantages.

It helps everyone to know about the opposite gender from our childhood itself.
It helps to understand each other and it will be more useful when we go for a job.
People brought up from co-education life always feel free to chat with everyone.
It takes off the shyness to interact with each other.
It builds up our confidence.

Let us discuss briefly about Co-education here...

Best regards,
Saranya...

Best Regards,
Saranya...

Responses

#12517    Author: Ramkumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 50     Date: 05/Jun/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Well said Saranya,

Co-education helps us to know how to behave with opposite gender, and it helps to value the feelings of other Genders.

As you mentioned it increases confidence level and boldness and it reduces shyness to interact with opposite Gender, which is the main cause For stage Fear.

As in corporate culture both boys and girls have to work in a group and form a team and solve many problems, Co-education is a must for to Cope up with the situations we are gonna to face in our Profession.

Regards,
Ram...

regards,
Ramkumar.

#12562    Author: S.Neyha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 940     Date: 05/Jun/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

I believe co-education is a boon .A person who is not being brought up in this system will face many difficuties.These days women are part of all the profession and it would be very difficult for them to communicate with other professionals if they are not used to it .When students studies in co-education they are able to understand how the opposite gender feels and act approperiatly so as to not to make them feel uncomfortable .

#12778    Author: Sachin Kundu      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1265     Date: 05/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

ya u are right but some bad factor are also there
sex in child mind

Regards,
§Ächin

#12812    Author: ramakrishna      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 4912     Date: 05/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

co-education helps you to get rid of shyness

#12825    Author: Vidya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 459     Date: 05/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi

U are right saranya. In my opinion Co- education is is very very good.Because in childhood itself know about the opposite gender and how to interact each other. Now a days both boys and girls work togethor in a team. So it increases our confident.

#12835    Author: sobha wilson      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 57     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 1 out of 5     Points: 1

good

Regards
Sobha Wilson

#12859    Author: Girish Patil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 78     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 1 out of 5     Points: 1

nice discussion Gyues.

Regards
Girish Patil

#12917    Author: Saranya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 77     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Well said Ram and Neyha.
I agree with your points.

Regards,
Saranya...

Best Regards,
Saranya...

#12919    Author: Saranya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 77     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Sachin, Ramakrishna,

Please be clear with your points.
Try to give more points in your view.

Regards,
Saranya...

Best Regards,
Saranya...

#12921    Author: Saranya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 77     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Sobha and Girish,

This thread is for group discussion.
Please avoid comments like good,nice, etc., and try to participate effectively in the discussion.

Regards,
Saranya...

Best Regards,
Saranya...

#14910    Author: Riaz Mohammed      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2536     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

Why is CO-EDUCATION a hot topic nowadays? Wasn't there any co-ed in the earlier days? This is only an aftermath of certain incidences that had taken past in the past. Nothing more than, the PESSIMISTIC attitude of our elders.

What would happen if girls and boys were separately trained, and when a time would come they would have to face each other! Corporate life, Family matters, Social Awareness isn't possible without MAN & WOMAN interacting.

Well, if anybody of you was victim of the same circumstances, come GET OFF your hesitation, we all the same things made of BONES and BLOOD!

After all, the goal of education is "Manifestation of Perfection already is us!"

#14916    Author: N LAXMI      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Co education is a boon according to my views

#14944    Author: Khemraj      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2523     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I am along with you, the writer.

#14950    Author: Raghav      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 785     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I agree with Saranya., Co education is a must to avoid shyness in the students.

raghav

#14954    Author: syed      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 70     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

i too wish to agree with the autor

Keep post like this and intce us to respond more

“ Make them Feel that they have missed you, Make your Life in such a way that every one need’s to be With You – Saleem “

Spam Is Illegal, Please Don't Spam And Keep ISC Clean

#14955    Author: Vellamji      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 819     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

co-education is a boon for getting adapted to any kind of environment,both for boys and girls.It all depends on how we take in to ur mind.there are 2 ways of living,one way is to live anyhow,secondway is to put a checkpoint and live with in that circle.this is the case where you know what your limitatios are!if from childhood,brought up in co-ed,then there is nothing to be afraid about getting spoiled and having corrupted mind.co-education doesnot have any direct relationship with spoiling and affecting the person's ettiquette and mannerism.See,a person even broughtup with in the four houses of walls,very strict,with not even a clue about opposite sex can also be spoiled if he/she's is not mentally strong and has corrupted mind.there are many factors like above.so it all ultimately depends on human behaviour and varie from person to person.hence,i sincerely feel co-education is a boon as a whole.

#15087    Author: syed      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 70     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

VELLAMJI WHAT A THOUGHT YOU HAD, WELL DONE

“ Make them Feel that they have missed you, Make your Life in such a way that every one need’s to be With You – Saleem “

Spam Is Illegal, Please Don't Spam And Keep ISC Clean

#15115    Author: prakash      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

ya i agree with saranya and vidya coeducation is a great boon because if a student lacks co education he'll not able to know how to behave and communicate with opposite gender . This will be definitely a flaw for him in his career as he doesnt know to make a good relationship with the team because of his shyness

#15165    Author: Ankit Mittal      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Coeducation is a boon rather than a curse. It gives a good treatment for both sexes. It gives them a good interaction while learning their education at the same time. It gives them equal opportunity to learn at a given time and space. It allows differentiation of attitudes among gender. It is much of an advantage to have a coeducation.

#15171    Author: Saranya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 77     Date: 16/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Well said Riaz and Vellamji.
I agree with your points.
Keep going friends.

Regards,
Saranya...

Best Regards,
Saranya...

#15629    Author: Raghav      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 785     Date: 17/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

I agree with Saranya. Co education is really required because boys and girls will study more and will try to score more marks to be ahead of the opposite sex. it is natural. when there are only boys or only girls in the school, they do feel competition. But when there are boys and girls together studying, then boys will try to score better than girls and girls will try to score better. so overall results of school / college will improve. This competition between opposite genders will be more in a college. And they will have confidence and will not have shy to talk to each other. So I agree with Saranya that there should be co educaiton in schools and colleges.

raghav

#15637    Author: peevee      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1696     Date: 17/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

In days when we talk of perfect equality, no system other than co education should be encouraged. Any other system is segregation based upon sex.

#15640    Author: michael benson babu      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 7384     Date: 17/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

co-education is a boon if we are co-operate!!!otherwise it is a curse!!!

#15684    Author: arjun      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

According to my point of view, in this modern world co-education is must. Both genders will competitions in studies. This will improve their education skills.

#20103    Author: Latha Jayaprakash      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 82     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Saranya,

It is a nice topic you have selected. Now that all are working together why cannot they study together.
Every system has an advantage and a disadvantage. So we have to pick up the advantages and clear out the disadvantages.
The girls are shy basically. If they study in a co ed school they can get a chance to move with all the boys in a friendly manner.
I have seen that in my life too. I studiedion a girls only school and later in a coed College. So I could mix with people and that self confidence one gets during that time is different.
You tend to get stuck up for your whole life and will find it very difficult to come out of that.

Because both boys and girls think differently, girls get exposed to the other way of thinking.Boys will learn the empotional way of thinking and the girls the hard way of thinking.

Co education becomes a disadvantage only when the traditions and cutures of the family one is born is forgotten. Then the road is to no where.

That will be the dooms for the people concerned. So follow the rules and mend your future well.

Regards
Latha Jayaprakash

#20166    Author: Gitolekha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1698     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Co-education is definitely not a curse.In our later life we all need to get along with the other gender in our higher studies, work field and other areas of life. So, we need to feel normal in their presence. I know friends who did not come from such background and now face problem in the other genders presence and have not actually learnt how to communicate in a proper manner. But, this is not a problem everyone faces, I did not come from that background but could get along easily.

#20202    Author: hima      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

the days are gone that say that "if a man and a woman talk to eachother, they must be in love" But in the modern society , men and women work with each other, and many students have friends in the opposite sexes but their friendship is nothing different from friends in the same sexes.

well,i too agree with u Saranya as co education has a lot of
benefits.
the first , as u all said in the 21'st century, men and women work as a group as Co education avoids shyness between the colleagues of opposite sexes.
the second being that (acc to my experience)students of opposite sexes make better friends.
the opposite sexes can understand each other better and can communicate more freely with each other.

#20212    Author: Nalini Sadasivan      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1924     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi saranya, Ur thinking is correct. In co-ed boys and girls study together . They will get an opportunity to interact with each other . They will help each other in studies .

But we should also make our children their limitations. Easpecially when they are in their teen age. Their mind will be more restless and anxious and wl hv hundred and one questions to ask about everything they come across. Now a days we see lot of movies and serials where the school/college going girls & boys fall and love and elope somewhere etc etc.

Of course we are in the 21st century where women work in each and every field and demand equality. But in this century we see a lot of cruilty towards women even small girls.

So co-ed is good as far as they are serious in their studies and take the friendship in the real sense.

#20235    Author: peevee      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1696     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

There is prctically no field where men alone or women alone work. In every department, including police and defence forces, women are now taken in and posted to posts which were formaerly the monopoly of men. This being the case, segregating men and women, in schools and colleges, will only add to problems in their later life. Co-education will definetely help them understand the other sex better. The sense of equality that they develop at this stage of their life, will help treat each other as equals when they get employed.
Only a very small group of people, who still want to see women servile and subjucated, are opposed to co-education. Such people are opposed to all changes. They are very vocal in expressing their opposition but are faster in accepting changes and reaping the benefits of such changes.
There are parents who begin seeking admissions for their daughters only in women's institutions, but end up sending them to coeducational institutions when it comes to better courses. Best examples are admissions to professional courses. No parent demands that there should be medical or engineering colleges exclusively for women.
This indicates that people who oppose co-education are opposed to it, because, by nature, they are opposed to any change in the existing set up.

#20254    Author: Saheli      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 17/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Every coin has two sides and so does co-education. It is both a boon and a curse to the society.
Co-education gives a chance for girls and boys to mingle with each other, which increases their freeness and also removes the awkwardness between the two.Saying from my experience I have spent my whole school life in a girl's school. When I went to college, a co-education one at first I face a lot of hesitation to mix with them.Well in this world girls cannot stay without interacting with boys in their different phases of life. So a co-education school may seem advantageous.

On the other hand when children grow up, a lot of complexities enter in their life and they can easily get derailed from the natural track of life. The probability of this to happen becomes more evident in case of ac co-education school. So in these cases they are to be closely monitored by their parent.

#24604    Author: amit      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 17/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

as we observe psychologically,when we are 8,9 or maximum 10 years old we don't feel any physical or mental feelings that differentiate us from opposite sex,we consider others just our friend or co-worker but this feeling begins to finish as we become older.in this present situation co-education is best and perhaps single way that teaches us how to live and work with others irrespective of thier sex and also we learn to respect others' feelings.

#24859    Author: Dr.Sanjeev(Sandy)      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 11     Date: 19/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

I think any mingling with contrast features are most of the time beneficial. To develop the confidence and for better presentation of ones character co-education is must.

Dr. Sanjeev
Site coordinator, Indiastudychannel.com

#25031    Author: kavi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1938     Date: 20/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

hai,
Your topic on coeducation chosen by is you is really a topic to be discussed off as this has now become a major issue in many peoples mind...
As a student under coeducation firstly i will mention the advantages of it that i got out of it...
Istudied in a school where all boys and girls wetre allowed to interact freely and share their views on all basis..
Now i dont have any mis conceptions regarding an interaction when both boys and girls are present..
i have got many friends both among boys and girls..
IAM very lucky to have been able to do well in all situations rather than the fear that others had during many situations......

#25035    Author: kavi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1938     Date: 20/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

so i think its better that parents drop their children into an coeducation to remove all the stigmas...
Many think that studing with boys is of no good..
as we all reach a situation in which we have a open competion ,do you think the child would be able to perform well better than a child who has underwent a coeducation????
we are in a world full of competions..so it is better that we know what is happening around us and around the wold
so i conclude that coeducation is a must to win the world for every child..........

thank you
kavi

#25349    Author: jyothi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Saranya,

As you mentioned it increases confidence level and boldness and it reduces shyness to interact with opposite Gender, which is the main cause For stage Fear.

As in corporate culture both boys and girls have to work in a group and form a team and solve many problems, Co-education is a must for to Cope up with the situations we are gonna to face in our Profession.Co-education is definitely not a curse.In our later life we all need to get along with the other gender in our higher studies, work field and other areas of life. So, we need to feel normal in their presence. I know friends who did not come from such background and now face problem in the other genders presence and have not actually learnt how to communicate in a proper manner. But, this is not a problem everyone faces, I did not come from that background but could get along easily.

Thanks,
Jyothi.

#25409    Author: Puneet Verma & Mitul Rana      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Well from my perspective co education is a boon...
I myself have studied in this format and i do agree that it has helped me in shaping up.It helps us to understand the other person who's of opposite sex. Cz we study with him.It creates a decent environment of openess and brotherhood

#25416    Author: Brig4dier Shree      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Well nice topic chosen saranya.
I like most of your points.
As now no points to discuss here.

And i conclude that
"Co-education as a Boon".

XD SHREE XD

#25438    Author: kannan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Aug/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

it really is a boon..
it provides us with a practice of how to behave in our society later(which is comprised of both men and women)
we cannot live in a society that is full of one gender(impossible guys)
for those who are talking against, here is some..
u really are a part of co-education
consider your family where you learn how to walk, how to talk, how to behave and all others is comprised of both men and women parties!!!

Post more views and support your ideas

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Online Members

SACHIN KATIYAR
More...
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.