Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Group Discussions »

Cruelty Against Animals

Posted Date: 05 Jun 2008      Posted By:: Vidya Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 460     Points: 1   Responses: 17

Hi Friends,

Let me start this discussion

Cruelty Against Animals

Man is the most intelligent and powerful of all species. But is it mean the right to be cruel towards animals? It increases day by day. What do you think friends? How this can be stopped? i know it cannot be completely stopped, there will be peoples, who abuse animals. But we have to take some decisions for protecting the species.Please report it when u see it.

Expect ur valuable opinions.

Regards

Vidya

Responses

#12843    Author: S.Neyha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 942     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

We human beings have always placed ourselves high in intelligence and yet we do not behave like one.The truth is most of us don't understand them and hence tend to mistreat them.We human beings have always behaved selfish when it comes to other species survival

#12850    Author: Girish Patil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 78     Date: 06/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Everyone should follow the law.

Regards
Girish Patil

#13796    Author: Khemraj      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2495     Date: 09/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Just see and go ahead what is going to happen. You can not stop any one from doing that all.

#13811    Author: Swati      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 09/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

If you see any cruelty agaist animals which you feel is not right, you must stand up and report against it. There are various institutes now a days for such causes, the most well known example is PETA.
Poor animals, they cannot even express their sorrows in the form of words as us Humans.
Human beings are considered as the most intelligent of all species. we should prove the point by sheltering and protecting the inferior ones.

#15088    Author: syed      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 72     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

BE HONEST FRIENDS, IF WE CAN SAVE A LITTLE ANIMAL WE SEE THEN THAT'S THE BEST CONTRIBUTING FACTOR,

SHALL WE DO THAT WHEN WE SEE A ONE IN SOMEWHER?

IF SO WE ARE HUMANS

“ Make them Feel that they have missed you, Make your Life in such a way that every one need’s to be With You – Saleem “

Spam Is Illegal, Please Don't Spam And Keep ISC Clean

#15116    Author: prakash      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 15/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Even though we are intelligent and six senses we are also a living being and animals also a living being. so Why we have to kill

#15155    Author: Ankit Mittal      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Jun/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

Cruelty to animals refers to the infliction of unnecessary suffering or harm to nonhuman animals.

Broadly speaking, there are two approaches to the issue. The animal welfare position holds that there is nothing inherently wrong with using animals for human purposes, such as food, clothing, entertainment, and research, but that it should be done in a humane way that reduces unnecessary suffering. Animal rights theorists criticize this position, arguing that the words "unnecessary" and "humane" are subject to widely differing interpretations, and that the only way to ensure protection for animals is to end their status as property, and to ensure that they are never used as commodities.

#15158    Author: Ankit Mittal      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Many jurisdictions around the world have enacted statutes which forbid cruelty to some animals but these vary by country and in some cases by the use or practice.

Australia

In Australia, many states have enacted legislation outlawing cruelty to animals. Whilst police maintain an overall jurisdiction in prosecution of criminal matters, in many states officers of the RSPCA and other animal welfare charities are accorded authority to investigate and prosecute animal cruelty offences.
Most jurisdictions simply depend on law enforcement officers who may not be knowledgeable in the area or assign it a high priority. Spectacular stories about grave atrocities and animal hoarders are mainstays of local TV news reporting, but most offences concern lack of adequate shelter or food and similar neglect in animal care.

China

As of 2006 there were no available laws in China governing acts of cruelty to animals.[1] In certain jurisdictions such as Fuzhou, dog control officers may kill any unaccompanied dogs on sight

United Kingdom

In the United Kingdom, cruelty to animals is a criminal offence and one may be fined or jailed for it for up to five years.

#15162    Author: Ankit Mittal      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Circuses

The use of animals in the circus has been a matter for argument recently, as animal welfare groups have documented instances of animal cruelty, used in the training of performing animals. Animals in the circus are open to many diseases and are often whipped.[citation needed] The Humane Society of the United States has documented multiple cases of abuse and neglect, and cite several reasons for opposing the use of animals in circuses, including confining enclosures, lack of regular vetrinary care, abusive training methods and lack of oversight by regulating bodies. Animal trainers have pointed out some misconceptions that can arise about animal training, including beliefs that animals are 'hurt' by being shouted at, that caging is cruel and common, and the harm caused by the use of whips, chains or training implements.

#15670    Author: Deepika      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Jun/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Government should take severe action for abusing animals. New law for this should be proposed. All college and school students can be used to give awareness in villages to stop abusing animals.

#20026    Author: gaurav dua      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 15/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi all, well thinking about it we can say as animals are the living being which gives us the various things to make us live, they help us alot in living, animal like dog proves to be the trustworthy even more than human being, cow , buffalo and goat provide us milk and milk products, then why we are killing them just for the sake of few money???????? Government should make appropriate law to protect them and also we have to organise such functions to tell all how important animals are?

#20083    Author: Ankush Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 45     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Vidya, thanks for posting this discussion in the forum. We all think that animals are stupid and dumb and not as intelligent as the human beings so we all misbehave with all the cute animals in this world. People should know that even animals understand feelings of love and hatred and that we all deserve a right to be loved. Even animals deserve that right. I have three pups and two kittens in my home who are very small but I found them in the streets during the winter season without food and shelter and I am having a lot of fun with them. I think nowadays, I have learned to talk to my cute friends.

Regards,
Ankush Das

#20088    Author: Latha Jayaprakash      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 83     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Ankush,

That's great. I am also a lover of dogs and we have always had a pet at home. I just cannot think of a day without playing with her.
She is so naughty that she does not like me going out at all.
Neither should I go to the office nor to our neighbours place. Shje would not let me out of her sight.

Only when you get friendly with animals you understand their love and affection and their gfeelings. I can understand her every mood and the way she converse with us.
She understands malayalam our mother tongue so nicely that she reacts to what all we talk about at home. So fun to be with her.

There are many who throw stone at the dogs, fear being that it will bite. Animals will not hurt us unless they are insecure and are scared of us.

Regards
Latha Jayaprakash

#20097    Author: vinayak      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 399     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

The animal cruelty is variable in the dogs. in US are people that help the animal with the laws can be multed the person and also can be in jail. This depends in the violence of the animal, are diffrent kind of animal cruelty, Can be inbolucre the state of the animal int the place that he live, also can be the food, What kind of food are they give.

#20213    Author: arya      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1029     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Humans are considered to be the most intelligent animal,but they are using their powers against animals,which is a shame for our humanity.They are truely behaving like savages.Strict laws should be enforced to save "our" animals.We should remember the fact that they also have the right to live on earth.At the same time I think abusing animals is comparitively less nowadays,because humans don't have time to abuse animals,but to humans itself.Never forget the fact that animals are our friends and they should be.

#20214    Author: arya      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1029     Date: 16/Jul/2008   Rating: Revenue Score: 0     Points: 0

Humans are considered to be the most intelligent animal,but they are using their powers against animals,which is a shame for our humanity.They are truely behaving like savages.Strict laws should be enforced to save "our" animals.We should remember the fact that they also have the right to live on earth.At the same time I think abusing animals is comparitively less nowadays,because humans don't have time to abuse animals,but to humans itself.Never forget the fact that animals are our friends and they should be.

#20495    Author: kuselan      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi!As a friend, I will communicate ur subjects through good

friends,and we will try to form a good&honest friends circle to

do such type of activities.

regards
kuselan.k. AIR-INDIA. MUMBAI

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Co-Education - Boon or Curse
Previous : Google Adsense Revenue Sharing
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Group Discussions

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.