You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Bharath Bandh was a flop in Hyderabad. How about your place ?

The so called opposition parties which made ruckus inside the Parliament over the demonetization issue for several days have called for a Bharath Bandh today ie on 28th Nov and I found Hyderabad people worked normally today without even a pinch of inconvenience. So it makes clear that when the people are with our PM Modi over cleansing the black money issue, the opposition parties are looking for a possible tilt of public towards them but that was totally miss fired. How the bandh call at your town or the city. Please report the matter here for every one to know ?
    People are busy in Queue for taking Money in ATM'S and banks.... how can they participates in Bandh.....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

It was flop in Gurgaon too. And as I can see on T.V it has faced the same fate. Even not all the opposition party came together to make it successful. Many parties changed their banned to 'akrosh' divas. They said they are not making people shut their shops but they just want to register their protest.
    Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Was there any bandh call today? I haven't noticed any difference in Lucknow. There was business as usual.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Bhushan, then it would be easy to show that they have shunned their shops, but all the shops/markets places were open today in Gurgaon.
    'Bandh' mean 'not working ', if it was suppose to be a meeting or agitation against ban, and people couldn't turned out because they had to stand in que, than only your statement could be justified. But it was ' Bandh', where it might be facilitating for them to shut their shop to go to take cash but they opt to keep it open.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Thanks to this Forum post of Mr. Mohan, I have remembered that today has been Bharat Bandh called by rootless, work-less leftists. My younger brother has also called me right now from Kolkata and informed me that even in Kolkata (the den of Marxists and Trinamoolis), the Bandh has been a flop.
    After all, 'mango-people' are becoming moree and more conscious about harms caused by these meaningless Bandhs to country;s economy and also to the daily wage earners.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In Kerala it is in real the state sponsored Bandh, as the ruling party has called for it. Juts a word 'Bandh' is enough in Kerala to a total shut down. Even a local club with just 5 members can shut down the state by declaring a bandh and getting the news spread in newspapers and TV channels.

This present shut down step of the opposition party, opposing currency withdrawal, has only made my doubts more stronger that there is much to hide for them and much loss suffered by them by the demonetisation measure.

The central government also knows this. But I feel that , now the opposition parties know that they do not have the common people's real support. So they will now calm down. The ruling central party also knows that they have shown the opposition this truth. So now there will be many behind the curtain parleys and there will be some win-win arrangements whereby the political parties save their wealth-black or white.

The opposition drama will come to a very nice conclusion by both sides claiming victory.

Unless there is RTI provision covering political parties, the black wealth of political parties will remain intact and such dramas will go on. If Modi is sincere then he has to cover political parties also under RTI. The people will support him in that.

Just now I was watching the debate in Timesnow. The opposition parties appear to be divided, confused and don't know how to protest and why to protest.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

From the above responses except in Kerala the bandh seems to be flop across the country.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.