You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Tea stain on my shirt removed with Dettol hand wash

Today I wore a white colored shirt and went to office. As I went outside and had a cup of tea , a drop of tea fell on my shirt unexpectedly. I poured water and rinsed it but the stain could not be removed. I went to rest room and put Dettol liquid hand wash on my shirt and rinsed it with little bit of water and the stain completely disappeared. Have you ever tested this? Does Dettol liquid hand wash have chemicals for removing stain on clothes?
    From this personal experience of the author it is quite clear that the Dettol sanitizer or hand wash seems to contain chemical content and that is the reason being so the tea stain has vanished. We always come across some tips tested on us and thus becomes a habit and passed on to others. Some people have the habit of putting henna designs through henna cones but for some the color wont be dark red as expected. Just apply Nilgiri tel on the hands and then apply henna cone , surely the color would be dark red and it will last for so many days. Like wise remove of stains through Dettol hand wash is now known and that would be practiced.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

By this post of author even I think dettol hand wash has some chemicals which is used in detergents for stain removing. Even the dish wash bar have harmful chemicals which is not suitable for skin because continuous using of that bar, makes your finger tips crack and even the palms will be rough.

What a good experiment which yielded a fruitful result
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Bhushan,
    A very good information to share. You have asked - Have you ever tested this? Does Dettol liquid hand wash have chemicals for removing stain on clothes?
    Sorry, I cannot pour some tea on my clothes to carryout a test on Dettol hand wash. I will keep the dettol hand wash in my mind, and as and when a tea cup loves my clothes, I shall carry out this experiment for sure. Thank you for your stain removing tip.

No life without Sun ¤

Dettol contains acid. So, it can easily wash the stain of tea. But there is every possibility that Dettol may cause its own yellow-ish stain. I would like to know from the author whether applying Dettol has caused new stain on his shirt, or not.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

No, I haven't observe anything like that because the shirt what I wore is white cream shirt....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

@ Partha - Bhushan used Dettol Hand Wash to remove the stain and not the antiseptic liquid.

@ Bhushan - My mother used to use bath soap to remove stains from expensive or new clothes, since detergent, those days had too many chemicals and could damage clothes. I practice the same - if a new or expensive piece of clothing gets a stain I wash it off with bath soap.

Here is a tip - Dettol can be used for removing ink stains from clothes. Ballpoint stains can be hard to remove - just dab some Dettol on the stain, scrub gently and wash the fabric as you'd normally do, using regular detergent.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want - Psalm 23:1

Sign In to post your comments