Bad Times shows Reality of ThingsHere are some of my observations on how the demonetization days showed the reality of the things around us. This observation applies to mostly Pune city's condition on demonetization.
1. Most of the private banks like AXIS, Kotak, HDFC banks kept their ATM closed. That's why most of the customers moved to PSU banks ATM. I have yet to see AXIS and Kotak opening their ATM in many places. They have placed no cash board on ATM since 10th Nov onwards.
2. Most of the private banks declared self made rules such as they want to treat only their own customers. No RBI or government action on that sort of discrimination.
3. Instead of helping the cash strapped customer the private bank sales and PR staff are cold calling the customers. And asking them to move their FD to SIP. Or the linked deposits.
4. Most of the private banks are desperate to earn the customer. However during such chaotic situation, you can barely see them helping much to priority customers.
5. PSU banks were known for bad customer service in everyday banking. But during such chaotic situations, they are the one handling the crowd. They are the one keeping ATM open.
6. Most of the private banks are asking for users to use netbanking. But if they don't have the cash for ATM. How come they are managing the chargeless card payments?
These are just some observation I managed to jot down while seeing the banks working on this demonetization issue.