You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Santa's indo western sherwani style costume

Since Santa Claus brings happiness and celebration from east to west, a custom made Indo-western sherwani would be my choice for a part western and part desi Santa Claus!
    Contrasting shades and lively colors would account for brightness,warmth and joy he brings. I would use the colours deep red and gold instead of the red and black combination of the traditional attire.
    Glistening stone beads, gems and royal styled buttons stitched delicately on the costume would convey a balanced combination of royalty and modernism.
    A turban of gold would give him the complete look of a desi yet modern Santa!
    Not to forget the bottom wear which could be trousers in deep red and gold combination.
    The turban will signify eloquence , a pair of matching mojri(shoes) and a stole (to protect from the snowy winter!) would complete the costume.
    Finer details would be as follows:
    Fabric: Brocade, Velvet
    Work: Machine Embroidery, Patch, Stone, Thread, Zari work with embellished beads.
    Color Family: Deep red and gold.
    From the authors perception I can visualize the costume of Santa comparable to the dress of noted Punjabi pop singer Daler Mehendi who used to wear Indo -Western Sherwani. Good pick.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I second Mr. Mohan. The vivid description brings back the memory of Daler Mehendi, a famous Punjabi pop singer and elder brother of another singer, Mika Singh.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.