You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Editors & Members .....Are U here ?

Hello co-members and respected Editors, Webmasters and everyone over this wonderful place to showcase your writing and creative skills ..I am Tanishq, joined this Website recently and I find no one reacting to the articles (approval by Editors ) and none of the members writing good articles rather posting of same website tips and instructions which are already given by our India Study Channel .
    ( Google SEO tips, How to Write good article etc etc ... ) 1 or 2 for guidance are good but most of the articles lie under same topic .. Why editors are approving articles of same kind #tips ? Other Jonour of articles are not being attempted frequently as all are busy in Forums .. The article that appear first since last 2 weeks is 'Interview With Vandana' all time at the first ..
    I request Editors , Webmaster to look out of this as we see many Pending articles to be approved ..
    And co-members , come forward to write articles of different kinds rather than tips and suggestions.
    Hopefully,
    Weird Tanishq.
    We are all here Tanishq! First of all, thanks for the appreciation of our site. It means a lot to us when somebody crosses our threshold, likes it immensely & drops in a word of appreciation, perhaps going on to become a quality contributor too.

Let me clear your doubts:
    1. Many of the articles are written as entries for article writing contests and hence you will find a lot of articles on tips, study abroad, careers, sample letters, etc.

2. Even if a member submits an article which is similar to one on the same topic (such as writing a good article) keep in mind that everyone has a different perspective of things.

3. Those who are forum participants may not necessarily be active in the articles section and vice-versa. We give all members full freedom to contribute in any section and as and when they wish they do so.

4. Articles which appear at the very top of the articles section are called "featured articles" and are selected by the Webmasters/Lead Editors to be placed there because of their uniqueness or interest or high quality. Once in a while, we do select other articles to feature there, but some, which may be evergreen could possibly take pride of place permanently at the top there (such as some article on Google AdSense).

5. You will always see articles still in new submissions, waiting for editorial review. Editors do not work in any section 24x7. All of them work here part-time and fit ISC editing into their daily life's schedule and not the other way round. Many of them are working full-time at a job or are professionals or students. They have all volunteered to do the edits after selection by the Webmasters, but are not forced to follow any strict schedule.

Hope my response provides some clarity on the issues you have raised. Feel free to ask anything further!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thank you Vandana mam ..Glad that I got a quick response ! The answers you gave made me satisfy to only 60 % .I know editors are not full time workers and don't work for 24 x 7 ..But how could it be like not approving an article posted 4-5 days back ? & I think featured articles should be replaced every 2-3 days..My complaint was not articles on same topic rather most of them were of Adsense rather knowledge sharing .. Ok I understand ..stay here ..be patient .. and work out sincerely !

Tanishq greetings to you for coming with this post and in this regard I wish to state that editors and members are very present in this site and please note that we are not employees of this site and hence those who have extra time only , we are contributing our knowledge sharing with members. Likewise our editors are also not paid employees but one of the members chosen to do the needful. Therefore replying or responding to a post of thread is the prerogative of any member and we cannot find fault at any one. By the way if your article posted was good, I will be the first one to respond.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Tanishq: Be patient. Explore each and every Section of ISC patiently and start contributing. It is not necessary to understand every aspect of this site within a day or two. Exploring and knowing have different pleasure. Enjoy the journey. Best wishes.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Duplicate.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments