You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Santa claus fancy dress with home costume.

[This entry wins the 3rd prize for the 'Design a new costume for Santa' contest]

This is a very interesting and my favorite competition. I always like to do best out of waste, I had dressed my son once as Santa Claus for his fancy dress competition.The school had told to do any fancy dress with home costume. Parents should not rent it from costume center. I thought of Santa Claus because it was organised in the month of December. The entire costume was done at home.
    I will mention step wise.
    Items:- red dress, cloth, white cotton balls, paper, black shoes, black and white socks.
    1) SANTA CAP :- Take a red cloth at home that may be your dupatta , t-shirt , leggings or scarf. Fold it in a cone form [ \/] like this and stitch where both the folds meet, it can done in hand or machine . At the end fix a pompom with cotton ball or white powder puff. we can do pom pom at home with white cloth. Cut the white cloth in circular motion, the size as you require . 2 piece of white circular cloth, stitch it round leaving a small hole, now fill it inside with smash paper, cotton balls of waste small pieces of cloth, fill till it looks like round puff or like pompom. Now when the pompom is ready, tuk it with the point of the cap. Now in the below part i,e where you fix the cap to head you can just stick white cotton balls round the cap. The balls should be closely sticked. [ CAP IS READY]
    2. TOP COAT :- You can take a red full shirt or a red coat, Round the neck and for sleeves you have stick white cotton balls.
    3. BELT :- Any black pant belt can be used. Where most of gents or children use it.
    4. PANT :- Take a red pant where now most of the children have red.
    5. Wear black socks on top of pant and black shoes. Wear white socks to hand, that is optional you can leave it bare also.
    6. Now cut a paper with mustache and beard shape. At the corners fix a thread to fix it properly in your child's face .Stick white cotton balls for the mustache and beard done in paper.
    7. Take a old specx which does not have any power.
    8. Last but not the least stitch a red bean bag small or big. Take a rectangle shape red cloth and join both the ends by stitching. [ YOUR CHOCOLATE BAG IS READY]
    NOTE:- THE COTTON BALLS IN THE CAP AND COAT CAN BE STICKED DIRECTLY OR MAKE A SMALL STRIPS OF PAPER AND STICK THE BALLS THERE AND THEN JUST STAPLE THE PAPER STRIPS TO SHIRT COLLAR AND SLEEVES.]
    Now we have all our Santa costume and we can dress in Santa costume for Christmas. This is the way I had dressed my son for fancy dress competition. If all the materials are there then you can do it one day or else it may take 2-3 days depending on your free time.
    This is my entry for Christmas contest.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.....
    Santa Claus with home made costume is the right thinking and which caries away from the concept ordinarily thought by others. By this post the authors creativity came in to fore.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thank you for your first response.

Nice, it will surely help mothers looking for Santa's costume. They will surely try to do it at their home.
    Regards:
    Chitra Rana

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.