You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Santa Claus visiting South Asian Region wearing Cho-Jay costume.

After taking assignment from Santa to visit South Asean region to design a costume, it made me to design a special costume christened Cho-Jay especially designed by me.

Everyone not only in India but also all the neighbouring countries talks about Jayalalitha and her administration, cult etc when she passed away on 5th December. On seeing the various photographs and videos of her to make up my mind to design Santa to wear the style, cult of the costume. Within the time of decision, the whole two days that is 5th and 6th bubbled with her memories, talks, there is another talk with the praise of another personality who was a great phenomenon in this area and the same kind of legacy followed in the entire South Asian region who is none other than Cho Ramaswamy and among many there was a repetitive word uttered by everyone is Thughlak and its cast .

After decided the theme, started collecting materials for the costume. This time Santa cap is really made with a design of Thughlak cap.

The costume for the body is made with the attire of Jay which is specially prepared during the first term of CM and the material is made up of Silk is started called as CM Silk manufactured in Binny Mills.

So it will be designed in this way:

Thuglak Cap: I do not know how many of you really visualise the cap of the King Muhammad Bin Thughlak and that is the symbol actually the journalist Cho ascribes for his magazine Thughlak and it really matches with the Santa Cap too. For this I thought of hiring it as it is easily available in any South Asian Region as every country in this region is filled with film based activities in cinema as well as reality shows in serials to enable to design easily.

Body Costume: The same kind of Santa Claus costume with CM Silk and for a change the Pant will look like a ready made saree type stitched on my own and the top of it is designed in such a way in the same cloth resembles the former CM's(Jay) top during her first tenure as CM.

This is entry for Christmas contest 2
    Wow Cho-Jay costume. The name itself is very fascinating and even modern too and the author has well connected the recent deaths of Jaya and Cho with the topic.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks Mohan and really I have become saddened for the past few days as we really miss these two legends from this land and that is the friendship they have and they have grown from the same platform of theatre and left the world from the same hospital.

I am trying a picture to create these two together, however I may welcome known members to try on their own to make a visual of the combination I have posted in the thread.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I don't think Jayalalitha and Cho Ramaswamy had any distinctive style of dressing. Jayalalitha used to wear valuable jewelries and sarees, but these were not signature-style. Same was applicable for Cho. So, I don't think Cho-Jay costume has much significance.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha the author tried her best to bring in the closeness of two personalities in this context and not necessarily their dress to adore.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@Partha

I hope you have not gone through the signature style of costume and the cap of Thuglak and hence please do not come to a conclusion that they don't have any distinctive style. Please go through as there are now online searches available and see what is their distinct style and hence without knowing please do not comment on it.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.