You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Santa's Modern Costume

This Christmas are you desiring of giving your Santa Claus a new and modern outfit? Then go through this article to get new ideas about designing a modern Santa Claus outfit.

[This entry wins the joint first prize for the 'Design a new costume for Santa' contest]

My idea for Santa's costume will be a little modernized, keeping today's children and today's surroundings in mind. I would not say that the dress will be altogether a new one. I would keep the basic theme of Saint Nicholas in it.
    So I will keep the red jacket with white fir and the pointy hat. Without these two he will not be Santa Claus at all. These are the things that make him an evergreen Santa Claus in our minds. But the point hat would be green this time with white fur. On the hat it would be written "Go Green" in blue letters. This would be to show Santa's concern on the global warming issues and the effect it is having on our planet Earth.
    On the back of the red jacket, "Merry XMAS! will be written in black bold letters and cursive writing format,. I want to keep the red pants longer in my design. No fur for the pants. Instead of black boots, he would wear black leather shoes. This would again depict that Earth has become so hot due to pollution and greenhouse effect, that no need to wear boots and furry pants. He would still be comfortable in just a pair of simple black shoes and red pants while coming from North Pole. His palm will be bare and not covered with gloves for this same reason. Since the duration of winter is shortening every year, why would Santa wear too much of warm clothes?
    I would keep his mustache and beard trimmer than earlier. I would give him a french cut to match up the modern corporate look. Finally, to add up to this bureaucrat look, I would add a tablet to him instead of his gift bag. In this modern age of online shopping, even children know how to shop online. So, on the verge of creating cashless India and world, my Santa Claus has also become modern. Instead of bringing toys with him, he will order the respective toy from his magic tablet as chosen by a kid. Along with each gift, every kid will get a plant sapling which he or she need to care and grow.

This is a contest entry
    Very good thought from the author and by deciding go green costume to the Santa the author made a new beginning and new thinking as future Santas would be in that category.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

SANTA'S COSTUME IN 21st CENTURY

Santa Claus is a 4th century Greek Bishop. He is also known as Saint Nicholas or nick named as Santa. His dress was designed centuries before. So we should design his dress as per new era. I will dress up Santa Claus like our ex President A P G Kalam. Mr A P J Kalam was liked by people of all section. Young student to scholar, scientist, politicians, teachers everybody was fan of Mr. Kalam.
    Modern Santa is wearing coffee color suit and black shining boot and neck tie. Santa is wearing Military style hat. He is having long hair and coming out of hat. Santa is moving with personal adviser who is having all modern communication facility. Santa is advocating education for all at any cost. Young children and students are demanding books and stationary in gift. Santa's PA is ordering online everything.

Santa is carrying some books in his gift bag. Contents of those books are about the benefit of cashless society. Numerous methods are explained in the book about online transaction with the help of credit/debit cards and wallet. On his suit online transaction procedures are advertised. Debit/credit cards of different banks are designed on his suit.
    Santa Claus Contest 2

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.