You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

People who call others 'Fascist', themselves believe in Fascism

In India, we have now been accustomed to the word 'Fascist'. So-called liberals address the right-wing people as 'Fascists'. I have grave doubt whether these liberals know the meaning of liberalism. They don't have an iota of knowledge regarding the activities of Mussolini and his Fascist party. The liberals don't know that the essence of liberalism lies in allowing and accommodating different views.

In India, I have also noticed an increasing trend. Ironically people who call themselves liberals have tremendous affinity towards Fascism. They adopt various methods of silencing the opposing voice or a different view-point. In ISC also, such liberals may be present who believe in silencing the different voices. These so-called liberals are the farm believers of Fascism.
    I request the author to please explain the meaning of the word 'Fascism' in layman language i.e. without using the technical jargon. I could not understand the meaning of the word 'Fascism' so far despite being an avid reader.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Fascism means extreme intolerance to different views. It signifies blocking of uncomfortable news or information, which can't be explained by the established theory (of Fascism).

A recent example of cultural Fascism in modern context is deletion of my thread on Rohingiyas.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha,

We have repeatedly requested you not to go on the warpath against editors by raising belligerent threads like this. Do stop being constantly angry!

I repeat what I have requested earlier: Firstly, please try to find out & understand the reason why a thread gets deleted or locked early. Secondly, it is not right on your part to reproduce deleted text of one thread in another (I have removed it from your response above). If it was deleted, chances are it was done for some reason.

The right thing to do would be to request to know the reason and at least give us a chance to discuss it with the forum editors & the Webmasters and explain our stance. We can then give you a fair chance to discuss it with you also. Presently I am at work. I would like you to please be patient till I get back to you on this. I will lock this thread for the moment & unlock it after due discussion with the forum editors and Webmasters.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha,

Re-opening this thread to let you know why it was deleted.

We do not permit threads with text of an excessively volatile nature and, as per forum posting guidelines, you should not be putting labels to a community. Some people of a community may indulge in activities which are dangerous but the entire community cannot be labelled in the manner you did. The thread will remain deleted. Similar threads with volatile text will be dealt with on a case to case basis.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

What is the meaning of 'volatile'? Was the thread volatile like camphor? Was/Is the J&K Govt. right in allowing foreign nationals (Rohingiyas) to settle in Jammu, where Indian nationals outside the state are not allowed to settle due to Article 370?
    Alas! No discussion allowed on this 'volatile' issue!

I think Fascism comes from Fascination= Extremely interesting. When a person finds something extremely interesting he risks everything in order to achieve it.
    So Fascists are anyone who is obsessed with an ideology.
    And ideas are neither good nor bad.
    So fascism if kept in check can send you to path of success, else will ruin you.
    In our country there is religious fascism, people are obsessed with their religion and cannot tolerate debates.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Aditya Mohan: The word 'Fascism' comes from 'Fascist' Party. It denotes the ideology of the Fascist Party, founded by Benito Mussolini, the popular leader of Italy.

Partha,

We have to abide by the admn's decisions. Since you've had your say, I am closing this thread now.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.