You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you think Ramayana and Mahabharata are really happened or they mythological stories only?

Most of the people in India they believe that Ramayana and Mahabharata are really happened things. For this lot of scientific and other evidences are accumulating. The locations where these people lived are even today they are present. The various incidents which were described in the authentic epics, the routes through which they were passed, the trees, plants, birds, rivers, water bodies were actually identified by scientists and other research workers. Scientists were able to reconstruct the time period of these people taking the clues from the authentic epics which supports exactness and reality of these epics occurred in the past. Experts and scientists saying that it is impossible for few people to construct such epics with imagination and passed on to next generations. Even today these epics are able to stand trustworthy for their reality is very marvelous thing.
    The main draw back with us that we wont believe anything unless and until we see them with our own eyes. Even our courts are heavily banking on evidence to pronounce any verdict in favor or against. In this situation proving whether the Epics like Ramayana and Mahabharath have really happened is the million dollar question. Without going into any detail I want to reply to this question with a simple logic. Over those years the legacy of believing the happenings in the epics have been passed on to the generations after generations. I wont thing that all of our elders are not fools to accept the things which were never happened. So when we cannot prove the past, we must respect the scriptures written in the past.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Only three days back I happened to watch a wonderful program on Epic television about the importance of the place Kurukshetra in Haryana. Now this is the big town and in history we know it was the place of Mahabharath war. In that serial it was shown the places where Lord Krishna gave the sermons to Arjun through Gita Upadesh and still some remains connects to the old happenings. It was the Yudh bhoomi then and now the blessed place for the people to live with prosperity. So this is one more testimony that Mahabharath did happened and the remains are still present.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am a fan of Mahabharata. Forget the fact that you are an Indian and you read Mahabharata a thousand times. Look at it with the eyes of a story writer. It is one of the best epics ever written and the quality puts modern story-writers to shame.
    Different generations keep coming and going right before you. It's all family feud and all of a sudden your favorite Krishna appears. Appearance of Krishna is what made Mahabharata immensely interesting.
    He's like those super-stars who you wish would make a guest appearance in your movie.

But even after all these I dont think Mahabarata happened for real. A mass massacre of that likes should reveal a heap of human skeletons or atleast weapons. But none of it were revealed yet.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments