You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Dangerous: Body-builders are injecting coconut oil in their muscles

When twenty-five year old Moustafa Ismail was admitted to Ealing Hospital in London, his physician, Dr. Ajay Sahu could not initially understand the problem. Ismail was unable to straighten his arm. Later Dr. Sahu was astonished to find out that Ismail, a body-builder, had been injecting coconut oil, anabolic steroid, un-prescribed insulin and various other substances in his muscles, resulting in muscle loss and permanent damages.

Dr. Sahu and his colleagues are trying to draw the attention of all concerned to the permanent damages caused by the injection of these substances in human body muscles. We, the Members of ISC, must be conscious about the danger and make others conscious about use of these substances by the body-builders.
    Such actions are revealing nothing but their ignorance or over confidence or greediness of succeeding others over their sportive activities. They forget the danger in the result of such actions when they initiating themselves into the action. Proper advice,even if they receive from others, will not fall into their ears as their greediness hide their eyes.

By the way I heard that coconut oils are good for the health and every healthy person in Kerala would surely recommend it. But for the first time I am coming across the fact that the coconut oil when injected in to the human body would cause complete break down of nervous system and thus the body gets disabled. Very shocking in deed. Why some people are interested to find the ways and means to cause harms to the performing persons in any sports and these kinds of acts only bring disrepute to the person and the sports and also to the representing country.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have read about misuse of steroids etc. by body builders and sportspersons. However reports of injecting insulin , coconut oil are new information to me.
    Coconut oil is an edible oil and one which can be applied externally which gives many benefits for health and appearance. I have not yet come across about its injection. Let this not mislead anyone into taking misadventures with one's own body.

But I have a doubt. When coconut oil is taken as edible oil and even used to prepare a dish called Aviyal and the taste is irresistible, how come it would disable a person when the same oil is injected to his body. Something the researchers must explain to us.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Refer # 585703 - Let me try and clear your doubt. I am no researcher but have used logic to arrive at my conclusion.

When coconut oil is consumed, it passes through the digestive system, where the various metabolic processes break the oil down, for the body to absorb and utilize the nutrients.

When the oil is injected directly into the muscle, the muscle cannot break it down or absorb the nutrients, because it is not designed to do so. The oil remains in the muscle and the body treats it as a foreign body. From what I understand scan reports of the man's arms show oil globules, surrounded by scar tissue. Which means that the oil was not absorbed by the muscles and remained as it is - the body in turn created scar tissue around the oil globules, as a natural healing process. These scar tissues have affected the mobility in the man's arms.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want - Psalm 23:1

Sign In to post your comments