You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is there any comparison between 'notebandi' (demonetization) and 'nasbandi (forced sterilization)?

The RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav stated today that Modi's decision of demonetization will meet the same fate as congress's forced sterilization during the emergency. I don't know if it is his original idea or borrowed from some intellectual. However, the statement is capable of igniting the mind to think about the comparison.

Let us recall that during the mid-seventies Sanjay Gandhi had initiated a widespread compulsory sterilization program to limit population growth purportedly at the behest of the IMF and the World Bank. Salary disbursement of Government employees was stopped till production of sterilization certificates and even underage people were operated upon to meet the set targets.

The move had resulted in the debacle of congress party in the general election of 1977.

Will BJP meet the same fate in the next general election or in the ensuing assembly elections in several states including the kingmaker state Uttar Pradesh?
    A very good topic initiated by the author which transported me my teen age period when the Congress party under the leadership of Indira Gandhi with a symbol of calf and cow made forceful sterilization called Nasbandhi which was against the interest of the Muslim communities. Sanjay Gandhi was instrumental to bring this compulsory rule and there was wide spread uproar on this. Eventually that wrong calculation lead to debacle of Indira Gandhi Regime and Morarji Desai became the first Non Congress PM. Now coming to Note Bandhi, it was really forced on the present government by the previous UPA regime. Every Ministry in the previous two tenures of Man Mohan Singh government was marred with wholesome corruption and thus it irked BJP to such extent that it vowed to root out the Congress once for all with Notebandhi. But Nasbandhi was the forced action where as Note bandhi was accepted by 130 crore people.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't know how can 'notebandi' and 'nasbandi' be compared. However, I do feel that 'nasbandi' was a conspiracy against Hindu males (of that period).
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Asaduddin Owaisi, Barrister, MP and the President of AIMIM has observed a communal discrimination in 'notebandi' also by alleging that the money coming into ATMs in Muslim and other marginalized areas is very little.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• Sign In to post your comments