You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Who may be the next favourite candidate for the next President Post of India?

President post is the highest post in Indian democratic system. Usually the ruling party try to fill that post by recruiting their interested candidate. In order to stop any possible election for the post, the ruling party make consultations with other parties to bring some solution for it. Already the campaign for President post had begun. Names like Amitab, Advani, Murali Monohar Joshi, Arun Jaitley etc. are in the media. Media is predicting as BJP has total majority they may install a saffron candidate as the next President of India. Members what are the candidates in your mind for the next President post whether they may take the position or not? Make a possible interesting prediction for that big post.
    Why not give Sri Pranab Mukherjee a second term also? I would like that at the present situation and parameters.

This is going to be a interesting topic for discussion in future. While there is no doubt that President Pranab Mukherjee did carried out his tenure in most peaceful manner and supported the NDA government in all its endeavors. But surely BJP would be putting its own candidate as they have majority to do so. What I feel that Amitabh may not be considered as he has so many ads coming in the televisions. Advani is the known enemy of our PM Modi and hence he getting chance is very remote. Murli Manohar Joshi is also having non liker inside the party and hence he may also miss the chance. And Arun Jaitely cannot be shifted from Finance as there is no formidable candidate for that Ministry. So his name is also not going to be considered. Ultimately the BJP would zero upon Subramanyam Swamy who is the most qualified and more vocal on many matters as the right candidate for President post.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Now it is time for a lady to roll in the chair of President of India. I would recommend Mrs. Sushma Swaraj for the post of President of India. Alternatively, I too recommend Mr. Subramanya Swamy to the chair. But it would be ideal if Ms. Sonia Gandhi is considered for the appointment.
    No life without Sun

Strange are the ways of politics. Nobody should get surprised if either of the following candidates is finally selected for the coveted post -

1. Venkaiah Naidu
    2. N.R. Narayana Murthy
    3. Sharad Pawar
    4. Rajnath Singh
    5. Any other unguessed candidate

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sun, I too agree that this time a lady must adorn the chair of President, but Sushma Swaraj is ailing and she is yet to recover and therefore your second choice of Subramanyam Swamy coincides with my choice too. See we are already having a formidable leader as the PM of India and we want a strong President to support him in all endeavors. If Subramanyam Swamy was installed as President, by virtue of being a lawyer and Constitutional expert on many things, he can give best advise to the Prime Minister and the country would be in safe hands. And choices suggested by Kailash was not acceptable to me.
    K Mohan

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Bhushan please note that Subramanyam Swamy is not my relative or Sun's friend to recommend his name for the next President. I have chosen him for his great quality of having long political carrier and he knows all the political party leaders and he is by nature a good lawyer and also expert in Constitution and also close confident of PM Modi. Therefore what I felt that the post of President should also be made more accountable and responsible to the society rather watching the things mutely. So by selecting him as the next President, the office of President would be lively and also friendly with the ruling NDA government.
    K Mohan

Friend Bhushan,
    Sun and Mohan are the Indians of India study channel. If not Subramanya Swamy, anySswamy from any state befitting that position would be recommended by Sun and Mohan. As of now Subramanya swamy is the smartest guy that we found to be fit to adorn the chair of the President. SubramanyaSwamy, if nominated and won the presidential election, India will be a different India.

I have recommended Sushma Swaraj and Sonia Gandhi. Are they Tamilian? Think well twice or thrice before you write something.

No life without Sun

Just Joking don't take it serious....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Subramanyam Swamy speaks both the official languages of India i.e. Hindi and English fluently. But, I don't think he will be able to overcome his habit of giving startling statements about Sonia Gandhi et al and other persons. His appointment as a professor to occupy the chair on Chinese studies at the Delhi School of Economics was canceled at the last minute due to his views on India's economic policy and also its nuclear policy.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

One thing for sure his(Subhramanya swamy) character will not suit to the President Job. A President should be within the limits ,less talkative , nod to the Government decisions(who is in rule or in power) and most important thing is not to make any controversial statements.

The next presidential candidates' name should be as follows-
    1.Shri Lalkrishana Advani
    2.Shri Muralimanohar Joshi
    3.Yasvant sinha
    4.Subramaniyam swami

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Mr. NK Sharma has made a realistic assessment of the present political scenario and has suggested four appropriate names. But I feel that Mr. Advani and Mr. Joshi may be too old to become President. Their president-ship may also cause some relationship problem for the present Government. Mr. Subraminiam Swami is very efficient but many people consider him a 'loose cannon'. So, in my opinion, Yashwant Sinha may be the ideal and acceptable name for the present Government.
    This is my personal opinion only.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

What I feel that LK Advani himself is not popular inside BJP for his open opposition to PM Modi and hence his candidature wont be considered. Murli Manohar Joshi and Yashwant Sinha are also the followers of Advani and hence Modi camp wont like them. So Sharma also included the fourth choice as Subramanyam Swamy who seems to the right candidate as we can see three members from ISC has support for Subramanyam Swamy and just imagine how much support he would get across the country.
    K Mohan

No, Subhramanya swamy will not become next president.....I will go for L.K ADVANI or Venkaiah naidu (as he is not doing a good job in the cabinet)...... As Narendra modi will not decide it is the RSS who will decide it....

Bhushan,
    You mean that the junk politicians who don't perform well should be made as the first citizen of India. Is there any good sense in your recommendation for the highest post of India? LK Advani and Venkiah Naidu are good, but not that good to be a President of a state.

No life without Sun

Friends, we are presumably discussing about the incumbent to the highest post in our democratic set-up. And you tend to take it as a joke? The President need to be a person who can put his foot down when the time comes; he should be strong enough to say 'NO' when the time comes. We do not want political dolls to adorn the Constitutional power wick! Advani and group may be (will be) puppets in Modi's hands and Subramayam Swamy is not that easy to crack. So?
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Mr. Ganesh: President of India can't say 'NO'. He can either return a bill for re-consideration, or, can sit on it to delay. After all, he is only a titular head.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I feel that Sri Pranab Mukherjee can be considered for a second time. Though he was a loyal Congress party member, though he was selected by the UPA government, he has conducted well keeping high the decorum and honour of the august office he holds.
    He is able to maintain a smooth and proper working relationship with the present NDA government. He could disagree when something is to be disagreed and give due advice as an elderly statesman.
    With his vast experience in the earlier governments, he is also able to deal with many international leaders promoting India's interest and keeping communication lines well oiled.
    Hence I would support for a second term for Sri. Pranab Mukherjee.

Now let me say about other names suggested.

Sri.L.K.Advani: BJP themselves may not be interested to have him as President. Modi will have far better and smooth relationship with Mukherjee than Advani.

Sri.Murali Manohar .Joshi: Almost similar to Advani. He himself spoiled many chances that came before him. In the early NDA government he created many embarrassing issues to the party and govt by his impatient actions and words. In comparison to Pranab Mukherjee, Joshi does not have the experience and diplomatic conduct.

Sri.Yashwant Sinha: He can be used in other ways using his experience in politics and earlier governments. But he also rubbed with the party leadership in wrong way. He may not be considered even in the preliminary names by party.
    Sri.Subramaniam Swamy: He has the stature, knowledge, smartness and deftness needed to survive in politics. He is also known internationally. He has well wishers in all parties and general public, though no one would publicly say that.
    But all through he has been floating and flying without anybody's control, and may not be able to sit confined within protocol and perceived limits. The greatest hindrance about him is that he will feel omniscient and will interfere in the governments day to day working also. Moreover, I do not think he will agree to be considered as a spent force in active scheming politics.
    The party and government need his abilities to play in the foreground as a forward player to kick goals in the opposite posts and also scheme defences for his side. So his name is ruled out.

NDA and BJP need Venkaiah Naidu as a moderate behaved trouble shooter. He still has the ability and knack to firefight and save the party and government from difficult situations. So they cannot spare him no for President post.

NDA government will consider a person who has the stature and experience to deal with Modi as PM in the next term also. Modi also needs someone to whom he can look for unbiased straight advice when really needed.That way Pranab Mukherjee fits the bill as they both are in good mutually respectable terms even now.

While many casting doubts over the conduct of Subramanyam Swamy for the highest post keeping in mind his regular attacks on various leaders through petitions and court cases. But what I feel that once he occupies the prime chair, he will also mend the way towards politeness and intelligent behavior.
    K Mohan

It seems Subramanyam Swamy has gone through the discussions being carried out in favor of him as the probable candidate for the President post and his body language and laughter suggest this through this great image.
    K Mohan

Delete Attachment

Mr. Venkiteswaran,
    We always need a change for the better. Why Pranabh to continue? Are there no suitable candidate to be the President of India? There should not be a second term for any President. The President post is a decorative post. Even if Subramanyaswamy was requested to contest for the presidential election, I don't think that he will agree to contest, as he will not be active as a President. He might politely deny it saying,"Oh No, that post is not fit for me.".

No life without Sun

Subhramanya swamy is a hard nut to crack. If the bill is return that itself is a disrespect to the government. So nobody will keep a hard nut in their mouths....

• Sign In to post your comments