You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Christmas gift of stories.

Scene 1: At home

Mummy Mummy – Six years Mary murmured. Mummy Mummy Mummy – will you tell me some story or not. Of late I am seeing you are always talking about these two only Cho-Jay. Now this is Christmas time and I will tell my friends all those stories you shared with me. But this year my friends laugh at me that I don't have stock of stories. Also I have to give speech on Christmas festival.

Hi baby, don't cry. Look at this picture, she went nearer to her mom when her mom browsing through the pages of ISC.

Mummy, you need not tell anything to me. I will manage and went to sleep.

Scene 2: At School

We have decorated our house for Christmas with Christmas tree, toys, stars and invited all my friends to my house and shared them the gifts received from Santa. When my mom gave them snacks, sweets and drinks in drawing room, I made a visit to our prayer room, light the candles and prayed to Jesus with kneel down.

'Oh God! Make me strong enough and give me courage'

After my prayer I returned to drawing room to join my friends in chat and eat. My mummy asked us to play in my room and I went to my room along with my friends. I opened the room and could not believe my eyes Santa was sitting in my bed and all of us really surprised and felt happy.

Santa told me, I have heard you asking stories from your mom and hence thought of staying here and share the stories and that is the gift to you for this Christmas.

Please believe me, this is not dream, not fiction but really happened at my room.

My mummy used to say, if we strongly believe or think and pray to Jesus, he will make it real.

In return I have thanked the Santa with this small poem.

Santa Claus is hearing my prayer
    Santa Claus is visiting the town
    Santa Claus is visiting the home
    Santa Claus at last visiting my bed room
    Santa Claus is stayed in my bed to tell me bed time stories
    Thank you Santa Thank you for your gesture

Santa Claus felt very happy.

This is my entry for Christmas creative writing story.
    Bed time stories always fascinate the children and when the character mentioned was Santa then the curiosity and expectations of children for rare gifts also increase. Good poem from the author.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thank you Mohan and after reading your response, when I re-read my post and yes the character name is christened as Santa and felt that is also suited well.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Saroja,

Please read my response alert in #586378 in the contest announcement thread.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I do get remember of such past of mine, where after certain age. I got know that Santa will give presents on Christmas eve, based on our prayers. And i studied in a christian school, so we use to attend the Christmas prayers on my friends invitation, after bugging my parents a lot. All are good old days. Now i share the same to my small cousins whereas i tell believe in god and pray true and be true. Good poem to santa.
    Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.