You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Lilliputian Santa waits for Lily on Christmas eve

[This story wins the joint 2nd prize for the Christmas photo-story contest]

The little girl finally slept. In the evening, she was eagerly waiting for her parents to return from their offices. By 6.30 p.m., her parents returned. The girl had been moving with her mother throughout the evening and night. She was very excited. Today was 24th December. Tomorrow would be Christmas. Her parents had been preparing for Christmas celebrations.

The girl was watching her parents prepare for Christmas celebrations. She had earlier heard that at mid-night Santa would arrive. Santa would bring her beautiful gifts, because Santa loves young children. Her parents told her to be a good girl so that Santa would give her best gifts which she always wanted.

At long last, the preparation was over. Her parents came to bed. But the little girl Lily was wide awake. Immediately she asked her parents to tell her an interesting story. Her father started telling her about the Gulliver's travel to the land of Lilliputians. Lily was astonished. She could never imagine that there might be some people who are so small! Suddenly a thought came to her mind. She asked her father.: "Papa, in the land of Lilliputians, Santa is also a Lilliput. Isn't it?" Her father answered positively. Lily then started saying: " I want to meet Lilliput Santa." Her mother smiled and said: "Lily, pray to God. He would definitely fulfill your wish." Lily started praying to God. She wished to meet Lilliput Santa on this Christmas Eve.

The grandfather clock chimed. Lily woke up. In the dim light, she got down from the bed. She put on her slippers and tip-toed to the other room. Slowly she entered her room. She switched on the light. Lilly was totally perplexed! God has listened to her prayers. On the small, neatly-arranged bed there stood Santa in front of the beautiful cushion-cover –Lilliput Santa. Lily could not believe her eyes. She jumped on the small bed. Lilliput Santa smiled and told her: "Lily, I have come from the faraway land of Lilliputians only to meet you. I have been waiting for you. God has listened to your prayers. He has sent me with all the beautiful gifts which you wanted. Just see."

Lily was so happy that she even forgot to check her gifts. God has listened to her. He has sent Lilliput Santa to her residence.

Surely, this would be the most memorable Christmas of her life.

(Competition entry for Christmas creative writing photo story contest - contest 3
    By mentioning the character of Santa as a Lilliput, the author connected well with the children who like the Lilliput character very much and they would be ever happy to shake hands with him and accept gifts.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The point of Lilliputian Santa is too good. I think Partha sir would have thought for a while to weave an interesting story around the point..Though it's feel good, lite one.

Mr. Sai Tanishq: On the contrary, I could not find anything to write for the present contest. Today in office I completed a complex task. I was satisfied and taking a puff of smoke and thinking about the picture posted by Ms. Vandana, our ME. Suddenly, the thought of Lilliput Santa came to my mind and during the lunch break, I wrote it.

However, please remember that the 'puff of smoke' is not a ready-made solution for creativity. It must be avoided.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Wow I could understand the strength of Partha just know. Yes we do get inspiration and ideas when we think deeply and if some thing strikes us, then making a story on it would be easier. You are a good thinker.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Really nice concept and story of Liliput Santa which connect really well with children and their thoughts and the eager awaiting of Santa. The concept has provided new adventure specially for a child reader.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Partha,

Please read my response alert in #586378 in the contest announcement thread.
    [and do stop that puffing & not ruin your health! Eat a handful of dry fruits which include almonds instead.]

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sincere thanks to our respected ME. I have tried to make amends.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.