You must Sign In to post a response.
(This thread is the winner TOW contest for the week 18th Dec' -24th Dec'16)
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Every single friend is necessary in our life

The topic for this thread pinged my grey cells on seeing the thread on loneliness.

You may have seen the Airtel advertisement with the catchy tag line "Har ek friend zaroori hota hai", meaning that every single friend is necessary/important. It reminded me of something which I would like to share here.

Years ago, when I was working in a full-time job, my Boss had a major road accident. As the team manager in the office, he was dependent on me to run the show in his prolonged absence while he recuperated in the hospital & later at home. A few days after the accident was my best friend's wedding day. Since I was unable to attend it due to the sudden mishap, I visited her early that day at her home to wish her and give her a small gift. She expressed disappointment that I could not attend her all-important day & it showed on her face. So I told her "It is Ok if I am not there. I am not important." Without losing a beat, she immediately said, "But of course you are. ALL my friends are important to me!" I was deeply touched and to this day remember those beautiful words, that day coming back to my mind each time I see the Airtel TV ad.

Isn't it true? No matter how varied our friends are, some quirky, others a bit childish and yet others with irritating habits which we tolerate because, well, we are friends - don't we love them all and consider each important and necessary for us?

Let's share our thoughts & experiences and continue to maintain beautiful friendships with those who have truly been good friends to us through thick and thin.
    In fact when ever the Airtel plays that ad, I really get immersed and recall all those friends who were bad to me and yet I was cordial with them and some friends who were good to me but I could not reach out to them for my various commitments. But nevertheless I fully vouch with the fact that all the friends are needed and cannot pick good or bad friends. Some times a friend who turned as enemy would visit us at the hospital when we are sick and that visit would change our mindset and immediately forget the past difference. In the life no one should be permanent enemy and we must change our attitude for good move.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Well said ma'am! It was just about a week back that I got a call from a classmate in school and it was just yesterday that I had a chance to meet one of my College-mate. What actually matters is the love and care and I would, anytime, vouch for a true friend! I love my friends because they stood (and will always) by me my in my hard times!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Yes! Every friend is necessary in life. Friends are the ones who always stand by us and share our joys and sorrows. A person who have friends, naturally expects little care and affection from their friends and would expect their friends to be present in all the important occasions of life. Be it a good or a bad person, each and everyone who are crossing our life are doing some good and bad through their actions and are teaching us lessons in life. So not only friends, everyone is necessary in life to mold ourselves as a good person and friends are the major share holders in life. Sharing and helping friends without any vengeance always give immense pleasure.

You are right! The place of a friend can be replaced only by a friend. In Tamil,Thiruvalluvar depicts the importance of a friend in his Thirukural as 'Udukkai izhanthavan kai pola aankE idukkan kalaivathaam natpu' which means the friend will be in our timely help similar to our hand at the time of slipping of our dress.
    I read in one book:
    A person decided to commit suicide. He sent SMS as I AM LEAVING to his friend and lover. Immediately he got reply SMS from his lover OK,BYE,TAKE CARE and from his friend as WAIT FOR SOMETIME I WILL JOIN WITH YOU

I have edited the title - I think the right translation of 'Har ek' is 'Every single' and not just 'Every'. It indicates that each and every single friend is necessary to us. It is especially good to have a friend to lean on during trying times, to unburden your thoughts and use the friend as a sounding board to release stress.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Every Single friend is necessary, yes! Because the moment they became our friends and ever after that when they are/were in our company/ thoughts/memory, will become empty without them.
    Friendship is special, all the freedom, all the acceptance, all sharing, at times suffering(rare), it has, no other relationship holds.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

What a lovely thread from Vandana! Yesterday I happened to visit a shop in Tirunelveli where I met one of my past friend with whom I served. He just recognized me and said,"Annachi(Elder brother)". Yes. He is my trust worthy Thambi(Younger brother) with whom I worked for many decades. I pinched myself to see whether I was dreaming. I met him after 20 long years. I invited him for a lunch at a nearby restaurant, and then I drove down to his native villlage in my good old Padmini (about 60 Kms). He appreciated the functioning of my Padmini who is 43. He is staying alone in his village as his wife is with their dear daughter in Chennai. He prepared black coffee for me. He took me to his farm land where he grows bananas. On return, he offered me a bunch of banana which I refused. He offered Pappayya and I accepted. He spared some groundnuts grown in his field. I accepted a small bag full of ground nuts weighing two killos. What a lovely friend meet ! I have noted the day in my diary and titled it "An everlasting friendship".
    Vandana, My sincere thanks for giving me an opportunity to talk about my Thambi.

No life without Sun ¤

It is really a very philosophical thread from Ms. Vandana. I find it very significant. Personally speaking, my best friend,, companion and love is book.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

After changing the title, the thread has to be addressed in different way. In the passage of time , sometimes we do keep our great friendship bonding in tact and some times we have to part ways during compulsory transfers and in that case contact through cell phone and social media is only possible. But we always had the inclination to have one to one talk with close friends and vent all our feelings which we cannot do with our even close family members. In that case I feel even single friend who has been parted from us become more important and we would be certainly longing to meet.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments