You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Ok, smart creative friends, let's understand how our mind works with this easy mind game. Level2

Do you ever wonder how and why any particular thought come to your mind, not usually? At times? Do your mind surprise you or its just like you know everything what it can do?
    I am going to tell you how your mind works, but for this you will have to be honest and regular to this thread just for 5 days. It is simple, no long thought process required, no time consuming. Just very first response in a word to a word! Once a day, you may be asked to respond, that's it! Isn't it too simple to understand such a complex thing! Yes it is.

So let's start for day 1.
    Instructions:
    1. At the end of this text, a short list of words will be given.
    2. Be honest and try to speak those louder, but try not to read the exact word. For example, if word is "bottle" but I speak "water". It can be anything but not the right word.
    You can also take help of someone near you to remember what word you had spoken.
    3.Write those spoken words here.

Again, do not stress out, go easy and come up with a natural response. Anything that comes to your mind instantly. Please try to avoid long thinking, it may just spoil the game. If you find a word you have spoken, it doesn't matter. You can continue the exercise same way.

Words:
    Chair
    Table
    Laptop
    Pen
    Fan

Specifically: Result will not trace anything negative about one's personalty. Just a healthy happy exercise.

Note :Find level 2, list of words in my response below.
    My immediate reaction:
    Chair-Table
    Table-Chair
    Laptop-Mouse
    Pen-Pencil
    Fan-Summar

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Chair - Sit
    Table - Food
    Laptop - Movie
    Pen - School
    Fan - Speed

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Chair – Dining
    Table – Centre
    Laptop – Work
    Pen – Parker
    Fan – Ceiling

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Sitting
    Chair
    Keyboard
    Writing
    Cool

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

1.Backrest
    2. Oval
    3. Modification of desktop
    4. simple
    5. Brand

1Comfort
    2.Food
    3.Work
    4.Parker
    5.Cool air

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

1. Chair- Cushion
    2. Table- Vase
    3. Laptop- Charger
    4. Pen- Hand writing
    5. Fan- color

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My first thought
    Words:
    Chair - Sit
    Table - Write
    Laptop - Internet
    Pen - Ink
    Fan - Air

No life without Sun ¤

Mummy- Daddy
    Brother -Sister
    East - West
    North -South
    Sweet - Bitter
    Head - toe

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My immediate response
    1. Chair-Sit
    2. Table-Eat
    3. Laptop-Work
    4. Pen-Write
    5. Fan-Air

K Mohan,

Your response #586418 is out of sync. You have to give the first thing that comes to mind which is associated with the 5 words which Chitra has given, namely Chair, Table, Laptop, Pen and Fan. You do not have to give your own list of opposites

I think in place of five days let's shorten it to 3 days. Because of good number of responses, it will be really lengthy and tough to trace the flow till the end.

So for day1/exercise 1, it ends here. (Those who join late can add their response for exercise 1 and then to exercise 2.
    Next level to it is, lets try to know what mind respond at second time.
    Exercise 2:
    1. In the last of this text a list of words will be given.
    2. Be honest and speak anything else than first word and second word. for example:
    Word' Bottle', I read it as 'water', now do not read it as water, speak something else, anything but not bottle and water.

Bottle - (water) - air(anything which comes to your mind. But just one word, not a long thought.

3. Write those words here.

Word list:(Edited)
    Chair
    Table
    Laptop
    Pen
    Fan

Tomorrow I will be here with results. Please mention if any confusion.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

My responses below
    Sun - Hot
    Table - Desktop computor
    Pen - Ink
    Fan - Electricity
    Globe - Sphere
    Shirt - button
    Chair - Work Place (Office)
    Laptop - Internet
    Ball - Play

Thanks,
    Suresh.

No problem no need to edit responses, I will take only those words. Your response is right.
    Regards:
    Chitra Rana

My immediate response (Day: 2)
    Sun - Light
    Table - Dining
    Pen - Fountain
    Fan – Ceiling
    Globe - Earth
    Shirt - Full-sleeves
    Chair - Cane
    Laptop - New
    Ball – Hockey

Here's my list for the 2nd exercise:

Chair - back
    Table - top
    Laptop - screen
    Pen - quill
    Fan - Japanese

Chitra, you should be more clear that you edited the list for the second exercise and we have to give associated words for the same list as in the first exercise. There is needless confusion!

@ Vandana - You missed the instructions. There is a new set of words included in Chitra's latest instructions. You have missed out those.

Juana,

See Chitra's response #586483 and she has clearly edited the list since she put (Edited) in #586480

chair- person
    table- chair
    laptop - me
    pen-pencil
    fan- summer

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Without clear-cut instructions, the interesting thread is losing is attraction.

Exercise 2:
    1. Word list remains the same. Be honest and speak anything else than first word and second word. for example:
    Word' Bottle', I read it as 'water', now do not read it as water, speak something else, anything but not bottle and water.

Bottle - (water) - air(anything which comes to your mind. But just one word, not a long thought.

2. Write those words here.

Word list:
    Chair
    Table
    Laptop
    Pen
    Fan

I hope this clears confusion.

Suresh, Juana and Partha, if you think this is not what came second to your mind you can edit list. Else there is no need to make any change.
    Very basically it should be something like "I look at a word, I thought this, but spoke something else. Now in exercise 2 when I read it again, I have to speak a 'different word' from both which were written there in my response."

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Neelam, your input is incomplete, please complete the game for better output.
    Now you need to copy paste you above response.
    Like this:
    Chair- person
    Table chair
    Laptop -me
    Pen-pencil
    Fan -summer.
    Then delete your first answers, and read the list again. But you have to alter that first thought. For example:
    'chair' at first you read it as " person". Now you read "chair" again and speak any other word than "chair" and "person."
    Whatever comes to your mind
    You put it here as:
    Chair-'your word '

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Chair- Balanced
    Table- strong
    Laptop - computer
    Pen- light
    Fan- warranty

This my second day response.

My list for second exercise:
    Chair-Rocking
    Table-cloth
    Laptop - lenovo
    Pen-paper
    Fan-ceiling

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

My second list answers:

Pen
    paper
    wrapper
    waste paper

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My response- Day 2

Chair-Seat
    Table- Fan
    Laptop- Charger
    Pen- Stand
    Fan- Regulator

My response
    Chair – sit
    Table – write
    Laptop – Work
    Pen – ink
    Fan – air

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Mr. Partha never follows anybody blindly, even he doesn't blindly follow his parents. This is the teaching he has received from his parents. I wrote my first reactions immediately after reading these words.

Partha,
    Do you find the word Sun anywhere in the thread post or responses from the Author Chitra.? Nevertheless you understood the sun and lighted up your response correctly. Thanks.

No life without Sun ¤

This activity is being shut down. It will not be resumed. There will be no further discussions on it.

Additional note for Sun: you did not see the list of words which Chitra first put for the 2nd exercise & just jumped to put an offensive response in reaction to a response of the member (which I also do consider offensive for the first word only even though there is a possibility of it being in reference to something else & not to a fellow-ISCian). The gentlemanly thing for you would have been to send a complaint to the forum editors/me/Webmasters instead of hitting back at a lady member, no matter what the provocation.

Vandana, what are admin instructions for me, I was planning to have last responses for exercise 3 and then to tell results today only.
    Now I want to write result directly. May be I am responsible for bad conducted activity, I am sorry to all the members.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.