You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Year 2016 is coming to an end

Summing up year 2016. What was really good that happened to you? Were there events that were really worse and you want to shut them with year 2016. Share your happiness and miseries of 2016 here.

This year, the year 2016 is coming to an end. This year was full of ups and downs in various walks of life. People have experienced many good and bad events both on global and personal front.
    I would like to ask the ISCians, what was the most motivating or demotivating event this year for you? Please share it here.

For me personally, among many motivating events the big blow of de-motivation was demonetization. Most of the common people like us were in need of drawing cash from the back, especially because the year was ending. But this sudden demonetization left me unprepared for the hurricane coming our way. How to run our homes, if we cannot draw enough cash from the bank?
    Well the year 2016 will go in to the history of this great country for the future generations to know. At the fag end of the year the Note ban order from the PM Modi was the highlight of 2016 and with that one shot he could able to clean black hoarders menace to some extent and also bring sweeping change from the people to go cash less while doing marketing. The biggest upset was the passing away of TN CM Jayalalithaa. We all know she was unwell for some days but suddenly she was admitted to hospital and from then she never came back to the virtual world. What was surprising to many about our treatment in the hospital, how the hospital wont divulge the details of actual happenings inside and no one was permitted to visit her or talk with her. All these gives rise to bigger doubt and Central government must investigate the case as why a CM has to be kept for 75 days and still not able to be live.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

At personal front, I want to smile at this year, 2016. It gave me happiness, satisfaction, more clarity and right direction. Totally fruitful year for me.
    New good friends found, improved myself and have accepted my self on another level. Thanks to ISC, it helped me, stayed beside me like a best friend, in great manner, from sharing frustration to getting guidance, from support to love! It offers everything that one want to get from here.
    Family front, mother looks involved, kids looks healthy and happy, Husband is understanding more than ever, brothers, Bhabis doing good in their fields, In-laws in good health, what else I should ask for. Papa's absence is there, but ..'a Perfect year'.
    At social front yes, my hope with this government kept rising, lowering. What I hated most in this year was seeing worst blame game that too on basis of community. Pollution, lesser tolerance globally, Violence on civilians at different places disturb but surely hopeful for better situation in coming years.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Yes, the 2016 is going to end very soon. This "year" would be in our mind for quite a long time. We had lost one of our most valuable person---Mr.APJ Kalam Sir, the missile man & the "Guru" of all. Mr. Modi is trying his best to clean India, but how far he would be successful, I do not know. But he has shows his boldness in the demonetization.
    Any way, wish u all a very happy new year in advance.

Mr. Halder,
    I wanted to know the events of 2016, especially the most effective ones, which has either motivated you or demotivated in some way in the year "2016". A.P.J Abdul Kalam's death was indeed very demotivating for scientists of India and world, but I want to point out that he died on July 27, 2015.
    So this was not the event of 2016. Please write back with any event of "2016" that was either motivating for you or demotivating.

Live life Kingsize!

On the personal front, the year 2016 has been quite satisfying for me as I was able to solemnize the wedding functions of my daughter satisfactorily.

As far as my ISC activity is concerned, I achieved my set target of reaching the platinum level in 500 days @ 100 points per day on an average. After achieving that, I diverted my attention to other websites although connection, as well as, activity on ISC will continue as usual.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

My association with ISC during 2016 has been bitter-sweet. I was suspended on 14th April, 2016 (on Bengali New Year) for one month. At the same time, I got my Diamond shield in June, 2016 and one or two awards occasionally.

On the personal front, my daughter cleared her Standard Xth examination more or less satisfactorily, got her desired subject combinations (in Science stream) in XIth standard in the same school. In a court case, I sought relief from the Court against my errant tenants in 2015 and I have got partial relief during the year.

By the grace of Almighty, my very old parents are more or less managing well in Kolkata. My brother's family in Kolkata and sister's family in Delhi are also doing well by the grace of God.

On Official front, I got my APAR grading and it is more or less good (9.4 in a 10-point scale). Have had variable experience during the year incluing organising an international conference in November, 2016.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Ms. Joyshree (#586703): Please don't address Mr. R.N. HALDER (a Bengali Brahmin) as Mr. Haider.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

It was typo, but I corrected it, thank you Mr. Partha.
    Live life Kingsize!

Thank Mr. Partha & Ms. Joyshree.
    I am not brahmin, but of course a Bengali.

Ms. Joyshree, thanks for your reply. I agree with my mistake....APJ sir has left us in 2015 itself.

It is so good to hear that this year has been highly beneficial to most of you who have given your responses. Whether it being the good health of one's own family or brother or sister's family or as in case of Chitra Mam, having a more understanding husband or in case of Mr. Partha, a good result from his daughter. So congratulations to everybody and also requesting other members to join in. Mr. Halder do care to comment on your experiences in the year 2016.
    Live life Kingsize!

2016 will go down as a memorable year for me, on the personal front. My daughter did us proud with her achievements. She secured a brilliant 740 GMAT score, despite working and managing her home, which included cooking breakfast and dinner – with self-study, without the help of anyone, in the little time she got, in just 2 months. She surprised us by getting admission offers from 5 top UK Universities including Oxford, Imperial College London, London Business School, University of Warwick and University of Cambridge. At 24, she is the youngest MBA candidate at Cambridge – which in itself is a huge accomplishment.

The only thing that has me dejected is that she is far away, and we cannot visit her at will.

Everything else has been a smooth sail so far – thank God for His mercy and blessing.

Joyshree – I read the first half of your experience and thought you had used some kind of 'back' gate to withdraw cash – but later realized you have made yet another typo.

You have used the pronoun 'her' when mentioning Partha. I think it should be his daughter!

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want - Psalm 23:1

With the evolution of technology, whatsapp is dominating in this year end and there are really very nice messages and quotes(forwarded).
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Sign In to post your comments