Vision? Modi doesn't have one!Everybody these days is praising Modi for his vision, for his scheme to bring out black money by demonetizing 500 & 1000 Rupee notes. I beg to disagree with those who say that he has a vision. A person who has so many resources on his hands wold not go back on his words, if he had the vision. If he had the vision, he would have implemented and executed the scheme perfectly. Here is a summary of his actions during the last 49 days after demonetization:-
1. Firstly, he withdrew the facility of using old notes at petrol pumps earlier than the promised date. If the facility was being misused, then an action should have been taken against those who were misusing it. Why the general public was punished for the misdeeds of some?
2. He said that those accounts would not be scrutinized where the deposit was less than 2.5 lakh. He went back on that count too.
3. He said that people, who had marriages in their families, could withdraw 2.5 lakhs for the marriage. Where was the money to withdraw?
4. He told that people could withdraw 24 K per week from bank. Firstly there was not any money in banks, and if it was there banks rationed the distribution to 10k or 5k per customer. For that too, people had to stand in queues for hours together. I saw people queuing up at 7AM in front of banks.
5. He said we could withdraw 2500 per day from ATMs, but where was the money? I saw people standing in queues at 1AM in front of ATMs to withdraw their own money. Is that vision, implementation & execution?
6. He said that banks will accept old notes till 30 Dec. He went back on that declaration too and a limit of 5000 was imposed to deposit your own money in banks. If someone wanted to deposit more than 5000 he was supposed to give a declaration that why did he not deposit the amount earlier. He took a U-turn on that too because public revolted.
7. He said that give me 50 days for that and everything will be normal. Today is the 49th day. Is everything normal? NO, it is not. ATMs and banks do not have currency to dispense. I don't think that in just another 24 hours all the ATMs & banks will have new notes to dispense and we would be able to draw as much money as we want. Is that vision?
8. The limit of Rs 2500 for ATMs and 24K for banks was supposed to be till 30 Dec and he said after that there would not be any limit. Now, it is being said that the limits will continue beyond 30 Dec. Is that vision!!!!
9. Modi said that after 30 Dec, old currency could be deposited in RBI till 31 March 2017. There was a news in the paper today that in the next couple of days, a bill or something to that effect will be passed in Lok Sabha according to which 'possessing old currency after 31 Dec' will be an offense and one could be punished for that. Another U-turn.
Is that you call a vision? At least I don't call that a vision. People with vision and with so many resources on hands don't take U-turns, they implement & execute their plans perfectly.
I had been supporting his demonetization scheme, but now I do not support it because the scheme has not been properly implemented & executed. I voted for him in the last general election and if things continue the same way, I may not vote for him in the next elections due to his myopic vision.
Please share your views regarding Modi's vision!