You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Five useful food-items for thyroid patients

The number of patients suffering from thryroid malfunctioning has been increasing in India day by day. In this thread I am mentioning five food-items useful for thyroid patients.

1. Green, leafy vegetables: green, leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce contain magnesium and other minerals useful for various body activities. Green, leafy vegetables are useful for thyroid patients.
    2. Iodised salt: Iodine is necessary for proper functioning of thyroid gland. So thyroid patients must include iodised salt in their daily food.
    3. Egg: Egg contains selenium which is useful for converting T4 to T3 which is more adaptable in human body. So, egg is essential for throid patients.
    4. Nuts: Nuts contain various useful minerals including iron and magnesium. So, it is essential for thyroi patients.
    5. Sea-foods: Sea-foods contain iodine,essential for thyroid gland. So, sea-foods are very useful for thyroid patients.

So, my advice to thyroid patients to regularly take these food-items.
    While I do appreciate the author for giving the tips and details about the food to be taken for the thyroid patients and in this regard I wish to state that this disease is more present in Vegetarian people and for them taking egg and sea foods would be banned item.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: I think that if our health is a priority area, we can try to change our food-habit to some extent. Egg is taken by many vegetarians and it is extremely pocket-friendly.

However, it is my personal opinion.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Sign In to post your comments