You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A terrible New Year for Turkey and Afghanisthan

On the festive environment of New Year, I don't like to raise this thread. But despite that I know that I have to raise this thread. We must know about the danger. We have to make every effort tp eradicate this menace from the face of this earth, if necessary, by resorting to adopting not-so-legal measures.

Istanbul, Turkey: The celebrations of New Year Eve turned into a mourning at a nightclub in Istanbul as at least thrity-nine people were killed on Saturday in an armed attack. Istanbul's Governor Vasip Sahin confirmed the attack. According to the eyewitnesses, the gunman was dressed as Santa Claus.

Kabul, Afghanistan: Two Taliban suicide bombers killed forty policemen and wounded around another hunred, in an attack on buses carrying recently graduated cadets on the western outskirts of Kabul.

I pray for the dead and injured. I also pray for eradication of this menace called religious terrorism. I pray to humanity to get united and eradicate those sub-human creatures, if necessary, with violence.
    Yes when I switched on the television for the morning news, I do come across the breaking news regarding terror attack in Turkey. This seems to be unexpected as the gathering were celebrating and welcoming the new year. No one would have ever thought that the grand party would turn out to be the grave party as more than 37 people have been killed. The terrorists are always choosing the large gathering place to carry out their attacks which are not even cared by the Intelligence agencies. Turkey has been in the radar of wrong doers and at least vigil must be stepped up at the places where there are more crowd.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, indeed it is really sad to know there are those who cannot see the dawn of a new day in the new year. God give their families the strength to bear this terrible loss.

It is difficult to fathom what the heinous perpetrators achieve with this kind of activities. How does the thought of killing others even spring in their minds? How do they get brainwashed?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

It does indeed look like crisis. First it started with iran then iraq, afghanistan and now turkey. It seems the damage is going to be as big as Syria. And people over there are going to be in deep issue. I hope that the place turns into peaceful region again. Though for next few years it would be hard to expect the peace in between the nation. I would still assume that the regions around learn to be co operative with each other. It just seems hard though. It is getting tense around the world due to terrorism.

Two Indians, viz., film producer Abis Rizvi and fashion designer Khushi Shah, have lost their lives in the Istanbul nightclub attack. The External Affairs Minister, Mrs. Sushma Swaraj, have expressed her condolences to the family-members of Mr. Rizvi and Ms. Shah.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Violence of any kind has to be opposed. No other people can know the value and power of non-violence that we Indians. Violence in any form, anywhere should be condemned by us at all times. Violence is not answer to many problem, however justified that may be. Violence should not be encouraged in words and silence also. The world should unite in stopping violence.

While condemning the violence, I convey my condolences to the bereaved families. I also pray that let no such things recur.

• Sign In to post your comments