You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttar Pradesh

Aren't they insulting the sacred memory of original Netaji everyday?

Uttar Pradesh: A casteist, covertly communal, short-sighted poltical leader has been in the forefront of political arena of Uttar Pradesh for a quite long time. The political leader is shrewd, he always thinks about betterment of his family. He always takes common people for a ride. His education qualification and administrative capability are questionable. During his party's rule in Uttar Pradesh, it has become a truly 'BIMARU' state.

Despite these, the political leader is popular in his state. The supporters of this political leader address him as 'Netaji'. To me, he is quite an anti-thesis of real 'Netaji' in every aspect.

I feel that his supporters are insulting real Netaji, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, everyday by addressing this casteist, short-sighted political leader as 'Netaji'.

I would like to know the opinion of other Members of ISC in this regard.
    Yes I was also equally annoyed and surprised at the party workers and leaders calling Mulayam Singh Yadav as the Netaji. We know the actual meaning of Netaji is leader of tall order. But we are always reminded about the name of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and in fact in short we always refer him as Netaji. By calling Mulayam Singh I am also agreeing that they are drawing comparison with original Netaji with this. They may address him in that way, but they can never be compared nor equaled. I know the West Bengal people get offended on this but at the same time we cannot forget that Netaji is the name for a leader in Hindi.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I know the Netaji as a wrestler only. Whenever I see him or think of him I think about the WWF(World Wrestling Federation) only.
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Which 'Netaji' are you talking about? Are you talking about the shrewd politician from Uttar Pradesh?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Not only Netaji but Mahatma, Swami,Yogi all are being misused.

Ashish Kumar, please do not respond to threads that are ten or more days older and are no longer active.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.