You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Are you aware that Indian Election commission also conducts polls in Saudi and Iran ?

For the first time I came to know the fact through Hindustan Times that our Election Commission also conducts polls in Saudi Arab and Iran countries. This proves that our voting system has been well recognized outside the country and the electronic voting machines manufactured by ECIL is the fool proof machine through which the voters can register their choice and there is no question of managing the machine. So probably for this advantage the foreign countries are also engaging the services of our EC for their polls. Great going.
    Really !! Its a great news . Thanks author for sharing such a amazing information. Really I was not aware of such a fact. This shows how strong our system is, that even foreign countries are using it. But still our internal parties degrading by voicing, the results in machine was tampered and machine is not working and all. Only because to blame the election commission and hide their lose in the name of technology hack.

Good to know that our Indian technology has some market and that to related to the election polling machines is a pleasant surprise to know. Rock On INDIA.

Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

Is it true? I don't find any online reference for the same. Good to know that if it is real.
    Thanks,
    Suresh.

I got the news through Hindustan times on Twitter and hence shared the same.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Bhutan, Nepal and Namibia use Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) made in India. Also, technical assistance is provided by the Election Commission of India to Jordan, Maldives, Namibia, Egypt, Bhutan and Nepal.

Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) for cooperation in the field of elections have been signed by the ECI with 20 countries and international organisations like the United Nations, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Brazil, Russia, Nepal, Chile, Indonesia, S. Africa, IFES, S. Korea, Venezuela, Egypt, Libya, Mauritius, Yemen, Kyrgyz Republic and Georgia.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Good forum by the author. I too didn't no it. But by looking at so much corrupt politician I don't feel like voting any body. Only during elections they are seen but after they win they don't even bother to fulfill their promises.

Wow !! I though only Saudi and Iran from the initial post and tried to find a online reference, but now kailash has given some more good news on our Indian tech, which we can be proud of. 20 Countries that to big nations like mexico, Russia and brazil in the list. Good to know.
    Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

It is the elections that keep our democracy alive and vibrant.
    Elections in India are always seen in awe by even advanced nations. Many a times the Indian electorate(however illiterate an poor they may be considered by other nations) have shown to the world how mature they are.

A few years ago we had seen the elastic delay and confusion in the counting of votes in US elections. Suggestions were sought from Indian election commission also then.

All said and done election commission in India is an impartial constitutional institution which is respected ,obeyed and complied by all political parties and voters in India. There may be very minor aberrations, but each day progresses with suitable amendments and correction.
    After judiciary, it is the election commission the Indian people rely and trust.

Previously by having one day elections across the state for assembly polls there were so many complaints of rigging and booth capturing but now with staggered polls in different areas the EC has learned the habit of conducting free and fair polls and thus this recognition.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments