You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: New Year Resolutions

If you do not fail once in a while, then you are not ambitious enough. Agree?

The CEO of Google Inc, Sundar Pichai, said that if one does not fail once in a while, then the person is not ambitious enough. He further says that 70% success rate is more than good enough to succeed in life.

Do you agree with that? Please share your views about the same!
    Everything one says is in context of something in his mind and the whole concept or idea don't come out from the one liners. I feel the way its interpreted is that if you didn't fail then you are not ambitious is not right. Ambition doesn't mean failing once and it has no relation with failing. Did Alexandra the great failed anywhere in his life if we go by history, now who can be more ambitious than him. Its all a matter of luck and right ideas with right supplies than anything. If you fail then you might say I am ambitious but if you didn't fail then its not certain that you are not ambitious.
    Farid Akhtar
    ISC-Joined for fun but learn and earn.

Wow what a great insight the CEO of Google Inc, Sundar Pichai has said and that has to be believed. When you are learning the cycle for the first time. surely you would make mistake and fall. Once you fall on the ground and gets bruises here and there, you get alerted and would learn from that fall. Next time you would take corrective measures by not committing any mistake to fall again. Same holds good in our life. Some mistakes are committed during the course of life and that should not be repeated again. Galthian karo, magar wahi galthi dubara math karna goes a saying. That means make mistakes but never commit same mistake.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Rightly so mentioned by Sundar Picha CEO of GOOGLE. From failure we always have to learn and educate ourselves to not repeat same and achieve the defeat. Rather with knowledge gained from the failure, we should put our efforts to success. In a way, i myself relate this one liner. I have multiple YouTube channels where i am posting videos related to the Indian cinema , hot news and all. When i started my first channel, my contents had a copyrighted songs and it was blocked. I lost my first channel without taking my first pay. Then i was more cautious on whenever i add a content and always make sure that its my own content and legit. And in a way i got to know how to avoid the copyright blocks and now i am adding all sorts videos with the knowledge i got from my first blocked channel.
    Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

"70% success rate is more than good enough to succeed in life. " A realistic assumption and advice. This will enthuse many to try for success.

I think ambitious people and successful people are two different things.

You can be successful and not ambitious. Because often ambition is something on paper thing. And success is the measurement for the person. One can be just hard working and success fall into his or her place. Ambition sometimes is just success.

For those who are doing the job won't find failures often. But those who are in business see the failures everyday. And for them it is true. Failing is part of business and the sports. So one has to be always in mood to get up and try again. If one has no interest in getting up then that means he is less likely to go ahead in life.

GRIT is something people are focusing onto if they wish to be successful. Going ahead despite the issues that may come. There is a lot of content worth reading when it comes to GRIT and persistence.

I don't think not experiencing failure can be equated with not being ambitious. Ambition basically means having the determination to succeed. If that determination is there, what is stopping anybody? A couple of hurdles in the path may not necessarily be failures, just lessons along the way. Far more important is one's resilience to face the challenges that come on the journey towards one's ambition.

And the success in what one does should never be quantified....20%, 45%, 70%....see how you achieved it, not how much. Honestly? Without trampling over somebody else? Whether it is a small success or a large one, the manner in which the success is achieved is far more relevant.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sign In to post your comments