You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The toughest words in communication - which are the most difficult words to say?

Do you often find yourself in a situation where you find it tough to express yourself? Which specific words you find it difficult to speak about or include in a written communication?

Do you come across words that you find really difficult to say easily? That is, you just cannot utter them verbally or communicate them in a written message because you are hesitant to do so or feel too embarrassed to say or, perhaps, you simply can't really fathom why you can't express them. You just find it tough to get it out there!

Some examples:
    Why
    Sorry
    Forgive me
    I did not understand
    I love you

Let's find out from ISCians - in your opinion, which are such words? Name 5 maximum in one response. No slang or vulgarity please.
    Following Vandana's line of thought about toughest words, following are my toughest words:
    How
    Worry
    I don't bother
    Don't misunderstand
    I hate you

No life without Sun

Pronouncing a word correctly is a different matter, not to be confused with 'utter them verbally' because many words of English language are pronounced differently in different regions of India due to a pronounced impact of the local dialect.

I have observed that in India people often hesitate in uttering perhaps the sweetest words of the world i.e. 'I love you'.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I always feel difficult to say 'No ' directly. So I land up myself in embarrassing situations or get exploited. Sometimes I have to go round about using decorative words.

I fully agree with Mr. Venkiteswaran in this regard. Despite going through Del Carnegie's famous book number of times, I still can't say 'no' directly.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Sun - I did not ask you to literally follow my line of thought and come up with antonyms/synonyms to my list of words!

The words "I love you" I find people tough to say to their parents when they are beyond their teen years.

The word "No" indeed is a really tough word to say when one is asked to help out with something. It is difficult to say because you don't really want to hurt the other person by declining to help. However, it is always advised that one should not take on too much or be imposed upon frequently, that one must be firm to decline.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I am agree with Vandana. These words such as" Why, Sorry, Forgive me, I did not understand, I love you" are becoming some difficult words for everyone.
    I had noticed students in their class who hesitate to ask teachers about a particular topic. They hesitate to say "Why" or "I did not understand".
    Similarly, when we commit mistakes then in place of saying 'sorry' or 'forgive' we generally used to argue.
    Lastly, the word "I love you" has confined to social media and couples only. Now, hardly any child says this couple of words to their parents.

With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

• Sign In to post your comments