You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Abundance of philosphers in various social media

Nowadays I have been noticing a new trend in various media platform. Everyday in the morning, I receive various profound philosophical thoughts in Facebook, Whatsapp and in Twitter. Reading these impressive thoughts I feel that the world is slowly going back to grand old 'Satyayuga' or 'Ramrajya'! Such high-level thinking! However, in real life, some of these people are extremely narrow-minded, self-seeking and they fight with others due to petty reasons. Unfortunately I can't co-relate morning messages sent by these people and their behaviour throughout the day.

On the other hand, some of these people find me very odd because I don't respond in Whatsapp, I don't copy-paste thought-provoking quotes and also I generally don't fight with others on petty issues. I feel that a person like me who doesn't bother others and doesn't want to be bothered
    by others, is a total misfit.
    Yes when we open the social media at least four or five messages would be dedicated from the philosophical world and some quotes are really impressive and arresting. On Twitter I have International members as followers and the quotes were simply superb. Apart from quotes I also get some wonderful images which we cannot even think of. Sharing the same here would amount to copy right issues. Nevertheless I am enjoying every day with new dose of thoughts and images which not only recharge me as I always cherish learning new things no matter it comes from even children.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: The problem is quotes remain only quotes. Nobody bothers to implement those philosophical quotes in their own life.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

It is not necessarily the case that what one shares one should follow. Why follow the herd? Just be yourself. After all, quite often, impressive quotes may just be simply difficult to apply to oneself. People just like to share something good. Nothing wrong in that. I myself do love reading inspirational quotes and ones on friendship. If I feel like sharing it, then I will.

One thing that irritates me, though (and one thing I hate about WhatsApp), is this tendency of people to send very lengthy stuff. I don't bother to even read them, but just delete it. I mean, no matter how much the other person may have liked it, why should I put myself through the agony of constantly scrolling down to read it, wondering when it will finally end! Also, far too much of the type which lectures on some blah-blah about how one should come out of the darkness or some video of some Swami's supposedly profound lecture bugs me even more. Deleting such things without even bothering to peruse them has become my daily end-of-the-day task.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Yes what the author said is 100 percent true. Just for the participation or for the presence purpose, some people are sharing wonderful quotes but in reality they wont follow the iota of it.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have not installed whatsapp in my smart phone so far but I occasionally see when my dear and near showed their messages, it really irritated me and even irritated the habit of watching then and there as if something is going to be missed or achieved. That has become another addiction and doubt many people just pass the ball without even touching it like passing the ball game.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Hi Partha
    You are perfectly right. I second on your thoughts. It is only virtual peace of mind to share good or bad things with others. And our mind wanted and like that addiction. You are not misfit , you are in better position than others not in touch with technology. While I said there are pros also being addicted of social networking especially people who do business. You can expand your popularity or business very easily.
    About thoughts , no one implements it. What we learn in our childhood and what we experienced while growing up , we try to make thought of it and implement it. So being ignorant to these wording every morning and day is good. Unfortunately me too personally spend time and cleaning up my social media messages to avoid storage problems.

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

Yes even I have noticed that people share motivational messages on WhatsApp and Facebook but often fail to follow them. I feel they do it just to be active on social media and to check how many responses they get for the same. Some share messages on WhatsApp just for formality for the sake of doing it and being in touch while some others don't even read the messages but they just forward. We should genuinely share the messages that has inspired us and what we follow.

Sign In to post your comments