You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is Universal Moral Value?

According to Jains, it is even sin to eat the root vegetables. Why Americans and Indians eating meat?
    According to Swedish, the same-sex marriage is accepted. They even went ahead and flys the Rainbow flag and paint it in their face. But Indian Supreme Court says 'Sexual activity between people of the same gender is illegal, and same-sex couples cannot legally marry or obtain a civil partnership' which UN condemns. In Brunei, a lesbian/gay should be stoned to death.
    Kissing in public is considered as a person's right in western country but why is it offensive in India?
    The cow produces the milk for its calf then why humans stealing and drinking it :/
    Why camels in Gujarat and Rajasthan carriers tons of load in their back. Why there are camel and horse cavalry? Why there are elephants in temples? Why is it allowed in India? Why there are zoos in India? Why jallikattu is banned and not the killing of cow? Why North Korea allows only 10 hairstyles for men? Why in Washington DC it's illegal to cross the road holding a chicken by its neck on a Saturday but it is legal to do in other days? In California its against the law to eat an orange in the bathtub, why is it legal in India? In Georgia, no one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday and people aren't allowed to keep Donkeys in bathtubs and Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM.

In Atlanta, it is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. In Columbus, it is illegal to wear a hat in a movie theater. In Alabama, It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street... I'm so confused and haven't sleep properly thinking about these. Please tell me which is correct.
    Oh my God. What a detailed dig at the so called moral values being practiced and followed across the world according to the liking of that particular people and which is against the law when it comes to other country. In India especially in South, wearing a chappal inside the house is considered unethical and not allowed. But in India itself in some homes the chappals are worn right up to the pooja room. So what I mean to say that when the majority of the people like some thing and want to follow, it becomes a law sooner or later and the government can also wont interfere. We are forced to follow such things even against our wishes.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Morals and ethics are decided by the communities and socities by mutual concensus among themselves. Others have no role to play in such cases. They should follow the morals and ethics acceptable within their own cultures and communities. It is expected that nobody will point out a finger or frown upon or criticise or ridicule the practices prevalent in other cultures.

It is as simple as that.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Then why Indian government banned Jallikattu which is the part of Tamil culture?
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan
    The Man With Most 'Ask Experts' Questions.

@Dan I have mentioned in my another thread that in 2011, the bull has been listed along with wild life animals by the former government and even one Regional party was alliance in it and the animals listed in the wild life animals should not be disturbed by human being and hence the ban arose.

Why that time it was allowed to list in wild life animals and then came a big hue and cry.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

How can the elephants be allowed in Temples then? How can the camels are allowed to carry tons of weight? Aren't the elephants and camels wild animals? Only cows?
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan
    The Man With Most 'Ask Experts' Questions.

Sign In to post your comments