You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Incredible India: Seven Sisters waterfall (Cherrapunji, Meghalaya)

The tourists of India generally ignore the north-eastern states because of various reasons like transport problem, food habit, etc. But the seven states of north-eastern part of India offer many extremely beautiful tourist spots. Meghalaya is an incredibly beautiful state. There are many wonderful waterfalls throughout the state. One of such beautiful waterfalls is Seven Sisters waterfall. This is an breathtakingly beautiful waterfall located at Cherrapunji. I feel that this waterfall is a magnificent wonder of nature inside lush green forest. The Seven Sister waterfall is spread in seven different streams. The beauty of the surrounding areas (hills and plains) is difficult to describe.

The best time to visit the this waterfall is June to September, i.e., the rainy season. The nearest airport is Guwahati which is located at a distance of 180 km. From Guwahati taxi service is available for Cherrapunji.

The tourists visiting Shillong and Cherrapunji must not miss this beautiful waterfall.
    Though we are aware of the fact that Cherupunji is the place which receives constant rainfall during the year but never came across the fact that there is a water fall called Seven Sisters in Cherupunji , Meghalaya state which connects to the nature amid rain forest. When we see other state governments like Odisha, Gujarat, MP, Rajasthan are giving much advertisement of television to visit the respective states, the Northern Eastern states also should give some joint advertisements on television so that we the people in South would know more about that place and may even plan a visit there.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am fortunate enough to visit Arunachal Pradesh, Meeghalaya, Tripura and Assam and I am really astonished by the abundant natural beauty and colourful culture of these states. Every Indian must visit north-eastern states to have a glimse of natural beauty and diverse cultures of these states. The people of the north-eastern states are really wonderful.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Very good site viewing place mentioned by author. The way he has expressed made to think of that place for a second. Hopefully if we go there I think it will be very for our health because for few days atleast we will be out of our regular stress.

Partha is there any guided tour offered by Railways. Like the circular tickets or the Yatra tickets offered to the pilgrimage passengers, is there any arrangement by Railways to visit NE states through Railway and bus connections ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: Nowadays it is comparatively easier to reeach Guahati from all parts of India (by train or by air). You can reach Cherrapunji by hiring taxi from Paltan Bazar area of Guahati. Alternatively you can reach Cherrapunji by taxi from Shillong Polo Ground area.
    I am afraid there is no established guided tour to North-Eastern states. However, you may check with Balmer & Lawrie or Cox & Kings.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments