You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you ever visited Satpura National Park?

This forest of Madhya Pradesh is not as popular as Bandhavgarh National Park or Pench National Park, but Satpura is an extremely rich forest in terms of wildlife and trees/plants. Satpura National Park is located at the feet of the hills of Satpura. The national park is full of sal, teak, bmboo and many other trees and plants, the names of which, I admit, I simply don't know. In this evergreen forest, tourists can see bison, bear, leopard, tiger, four-horned deer (chausinga) and various species of birds.

Satpura National Park is located at a distance of around 200 kms. from Panchmarhi, the only hill station of Madhya Pradesh. The roadway is good and comfortable for journey. Panchmarhi and Itarsi are the nearby rail junctions. The nearest airport is Bhopal airport. Taxis and rented cars are available from Bhopal and Panchmarhi.

Members, try to visit this silent and beautiful national park and spend some days with nature. Get rejuvenated in the lap of nature.
    To be frank till reading this post dedicated on Satpura National Park , I was not aware of this rich and nature fill forest which also has the collections of varied trees, plants and wild life. I would blame the tourism department of Madhya Pradesh for not advertising about this great National park. My father worked in Jabalpur for three years and at that time he used to say much about Madhya Pradesh. He was so praising about Narmada and he even brought a chappathi maker stone to our home. But he never told about this National park and thanks to the author for giving the details.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh are truly peaceful states. Naxal movement is a recent phenomenon which is being fanned by outsiders supported by Chinese money and weapon. But that is a different phenomenon.

The best time to visit Satpura National Park is October to February.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Sign In to post your comments