You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If you are in selection panel of Padma Awards who will you pick?

As you all know on the eve of Republic day i.e. January 26th the central government of India is announcing the Civilian Awards as there are so many controversies selecting this awardees list as some people say there will be a lobbying, politically motivated e.t.c.Let us suppose if you are in the selection panel whom you will choose for the civilian awards.You should write the award name (Civilian Award like Padmasri, Padmabhushan, Padmavibhushan, Bharatratna) and which category like sports, politics, social reformer, music, science, arts e.t.c.Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.
    If I were made one of the member on selection panel to chose the Bharath Rathna and Padma awards, my recommendations would be for the following persons

Bharath Ratna : Prime Minister Narender Modi for taking a strong decision of Demonetization

Padmabhushan : For Nadella Satya for achieving the greatest height in getting the big job at Microsoft.

Padmavibhushan : To M S Dhoni for paving way for others to lead the Team India in T20 and ODI's

Padmasri : O Pannerselvam, TN CM for carrying the legacy of Jaya in spite of odds

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

If I were in selection panel,I would choose;-
    Mr Narendra Modi for Bharat Ratna ,the changes India felt in his regime are unpredictable.
    For PadamBhushan I would choose Sushma Swaraj,for her contribution in drawing attention towards Indian Culure.
    For Padamvibhushan I would choose Amitabh Bachhan for his contribution in Indian film.
    For Padamshree Mr Nitish Kumar CM of Bihar,facing challenge to make the state Nasa Mukt.

As far as I know, the Government (Ministry of Home Affairs) invites recommendations from all State/UT Governments, Ministries, MPs and private individuals. Recommendations are also sought from Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan recipients and institutes of excellence. These recommendations are submitted before the Padma Awards Committee, which is constituted by the Prime Minister every year. Further recommendations are made by the committee on the basis of which the President and the Prime Minister give their approval.

In a recent change of norms, the Government has asked the States to ensure that the nominee has excelled in one of the identified fields. Moreover, the nominees from the backward class, handicapped, weaker section and women should also be considered for these awards. It is to be noted that Padma awards are not given to the controversial persons and the names of the individuals must be cleared by the intelligence agencies.In case of any misuse, the awardees are penalised by revoking the honour.

So, even if I am in the selection panel, I can't nominate any person as per my sweet will. I have to chose among the recommendations received and submit my comments to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO). The final selection is done by the PMO under the Prime Minister.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

As I know the state will recommend and the selection panel will consider it, So please pick the Candidate of your will. We see whether it matches the original choice or not.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

589017 It is not Nadenla Satya it is Nadella Satya.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Thanks Bhushan for pointing out the right name. Sorry. I made corrections.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments