You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Nineteen Para-commandos receive gallantry awards

The Government has recognised their contribution. Nineteen Para-commandos of 4 Para and 9 Para (SF) have been awarded gallantry medals. Some of the Members will definitely remember that these two Units were involved in the surgical strike across LOC. These include one Kirti Chakra, five Shaurya Chakras and Yudh Sewa Medal for the Commanders.

Colonel Kapil Yadav, Commanding Officer, 9 Para (SF), and Colonel Harpreet Sandhu, Commanding Officer of 4 Para, were awarded the Yudh Seva Medals. Major Rohit Suri of 4 Para, who led one of the teams, was awarded the Kirti Chakra.

However, the Army did not release the citations of the awarded personnel.

In this connection, it is germane that last year also, the Para-commandos of 21 Para, who were involved in the strike against Naga insurgents inside Myanmar, received gallantry awards.
    I think this is for the first time Para Commandos participated in the Republic Parade and showed to the Nation and world their power and might. Great to know that those who were involved in surgical strike like Col Kapil Yadav, , and Col Harpreet Sandhu, , were awarded the Yudh Seva Medals. Major Rohit Suri , who led one of the teams, was awarded the Kirti Chakra. By giving such gallantry awards the spirit in the armed forces would rise to further heights and the elite forces like our Para Commandos are the need of the hour as we are constantly targeted by our enemies.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

No, Mr. Mohan. Please read the last para of this thread. I have clearly mentioned that last year also 21 Para received gallantry awards for Myanmar strike.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

"The Government has recognized their contribution. Nineteen Para-commandos of 4 Para and 9 Para (SF) have been awarded gallantry medals". I appreciate the government initiative to recognize the services and the action during surgical strike of para commandos.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• Sign In to post your comments