You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Should Saraswati Puja conduct by students

Day after tomorrow there is Saraswati Puja. Students are involved in establishing puja pandals and establishing idol of Ma Saraswati .Students are in great cheer.They have a job to collect money.
    I see the students who are far away from studies are too much busy these days.Installation of images give them right to listen songs ,which are vulgar,see movie which are vulgar.
    My question is :
    Should not govt ban to install images here and there.There should be a puja committee tin each colony to install images and conduct puja.It will save time and money .It will help dwellers to live in peace.
    It is good idea to ban the to install images . We are living in secular country, we have the freedom of religion. The namaj is being performed by loud speaker do you suggest to ban.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

In West Bengal, a new secular trend has started. Many minority people are objecting to Saraswati Puja in schools and colleges. Saraswati Puja is objected and resisted if the school does not observe 'Nabi Diwas'. A Government school at Uluberia has been closed for three months because the managing committee did not allow observing 'Nabi Diwas' in that school.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

By the way for the first time I am coming across the fact that Sarawathi Pooja would be held on 1st Feb and for that elaborate arrangements are held and students are rightly taking part to install even Idols. I think there is nothing wrong to worship the Goddess Saraswathi who is the epitome of Knowledge and wisdom and every student must seek her blessings. Doing rituals as per the shastra is always welcome. But I am totally against having entertainment through film songs and dances on this occasion. Meanwhile I want to put on record that in South India we normally pray Goddess Saraswathi on the 10th day of Dassera and that is called Saraswathi Pooja day. On that day books will be kept and the students are urged to pray for good knowledge and wisdom and the next day the students are asked to study all the books which were kept at the feet of Goddess Saraswathi photo.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments