You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Life starts anew for a leprosy patient.

[This thread is the joint winner of Topic based TOW contest for the week 29th January-4th February 2017]

Let me divert your attention to a rare disease prevalent since ancient times-leprosy.It can cause permanent loss of the nervous organs and disfiguration of the body.People suffering from this disease have been looked down upon and excluded from society for fear of spearding of this disease.
    It was Mahatma Gandhi's vision to uplift such people in society and it has now been taken up by our current Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
    Here is my narration for a fresh start of such a leprosy affected old lady whose grandchild's embrace is the first feeling of love in her life..

Tears filled her eyes anew
    Trickled down like drops of dew
    But this time they were with joy
    No reason to grieve and annoy
    Time had flewn, age had arrived
    No memories could now be derived
    She was lonely in life since birth
    Being looked down upon with mirth
    The little hands clasped her neck
    Making her heart fill with regret
    If God could cure her of leprosy
    She would have lived her life in ecstacy..

Entry for TOW.
    Wow what a nice subject created and conceived by the author on such a disease, which has been the curse for many who cannot mingle nor lead a single life of themselves. I do understand the hardship of a person once diagnosed with leprosy. It is the pity state of affair that the society totally discard them and keep aloof. In fact I have seen separate colonies for them and no other ordinary person lives along with them. In this regard we must appreciate Mother Terasa who embraced the leprosy patients with love and devotion and for the leprosy patient she was the God.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.