You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

NEW is superior to NEWS. A different new thought.

Members,
    You all know what is the meaning of NEWS. As the information from all the directions North East West and South is covered by the media people, it is known as News. However the word New is something fresh that covers only North East and West omitting South. Why it is so? Have you ever thought about it. According to astrology the four directions are ruled by four different heavenly authorities. They are North - By Kuber, East by Indira, West by Varuna, and South by Yama. While the three authorities Kuber, Indira and Varuna are for good, Lord Yama of the south is bad for death.

So, I conclude saying that the word NEW is far better than the word NEWS which has the Negative Yama in it. Do you agree or disagree?

@This is my New entry to the New contest.
    Wow after reading this TOW topic submitted by the author I split into laughter for the creativity shown in the content. Yes I also feel that even in the National news of various channel there is no mention of big things happening in the South. For example the biggest oil spillage at Chennai Marina is the big news as far as Tamil channels are concerned and for the National media there is no mention at all. Likewise the Jallikattu poratam was covered subject to the actors lending support or giving their comment. Such is the worst situation of the media and I support the view of the author.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are two things in your post while the first one may be media omitting south and second as per astrology the direction of south is not in NEW. For the second I feel NEWS is superior to NEW because who ever may be, they cannot escape from Yama and for this I have recently seen many viral phrase Eman -aiyum vellum Woman for JJ when she was in hospotal but at last what happened. So I feel NEWS is superior to NEW.

While coming to first, it may not be all times. As Mohan told it may not be in prime time but I have seen many news flash during day hours in English/National channels. But I do not know about Hindi news channels as they are not available in Arasu Cable TV of TN.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I agree on the omitting part of the SUN sir. I rarely saw the news item on the NEWS channel dominated by the north state. May be they like NEW more than NEWS and second part you have put up in the thread is NEW information to me.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

• Sign In to post your comments