You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How would you take criticism? Will you try to learn or stay by your view?

In our daily life, each of our action is closely watched by our well wishers, trouble makers and above all the enemies. In fact they would be ready to pass remarks and chide for every wrong thing being done. Some people have the habit of criticizing very frankly on our face and some indulge in mudslinging through others. What is your take when people criticism for your actions and decisions. ? Will you mend your ways to accept constructive criticism or try to stand with your actions and give the explanations to others?
    Criticism is important for personal improvement.We should listen criticism by keeping our mouth shut.
    We should think over those,If those are wrong at our point of view ,we need not to change our directions.
    By accepting feedback ,We go ahead.If we are right we should explain our points.
    Hindi poet Kabir Das had wrtten;
    Nindak niyare rakhiye aangan kuti chhawaya ,
    Bin sabun pani bina nirmal karat subhaye.
    It means give the place to whom ,who criticize you.
    They help you to check your mistakes and go ahead.

Indu Singh great response. In this regard I wish to share another great thought which says " Galthiyan Karo, magar wahi galti phir nahi karna"that means do mistakes but never repeat the same mistake.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Criticism is faced by all in one or the other thing they do. And some people try to critisize a person just to insult a person. But when we know something is wrong then we should definitely accept and should not repeat it. Constructive criticism is good to improve our self. When someone critizes, we should not feel offended when we know we are wrong. But most people get angry when critised and try to prove themselves right even though everyone know it is wrong. We should always accept criticism for our personal development.

Criticism can be made a healthy part in our lives provided we are aware of the psycology of the other person for whom criticism is being made. If we are really interested to mend the drawback of the person, we should take him into confidence and should be avoided such criticism in presence of large gathering since in that way one may feel humiliated and the very purpose of taking corrective measures by the other man may become a distant dream. If the right words are chosen and the man is devoid of angry state and the statements are to the points, there are chances that we can make a lot of transformations in others lives.
    However, we should avoid unnecessary critisisms since by indulging in such habits, our personalities don't remain charming any longer.

How I react depends on many things criticise. I generally weigh the situation and the criticism and decide whether to listen to what I am being told or do my own thing. My decision also depends on who is criticising or what they are criticising. At times people criticise to show their superiority or maintain their authority. Their criticism is vague, yet they judge. I ignore them.

Sometimes you know you are right and that the person criticising you is doing so to put you down. They perhaps cannot handle your success or what you have achieved and dole out unsolicited advice.

I take criticism from people I know, mean well, because it is constructive. Criticism coming from someone who is an expert in a particular field is also welcome.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

I feel that it is more on how people perceive it. The actions that are done by a person can be criticized only if that person really wishes for it. There are many people who may not criticism too well. Then again the actions that are done by a particular person cannot be justified unless and until it passes as good or bad.

For example: Donald Trump (new US President) proclaimed that a war be build among USA and Mexico. This will mean different to different people. We Indian's may feel like criticizing it, but the Mexicans will vehemently oppose it not even consider that as an action. Thus there is nothing for them to criticize in this scenario.

In the same way actions done by criminals and terrorists cannot be criticized as they are doing bad deeds and there is no room for criticism. But in the eye of the law, they are criticized based on the intensity of the wrong they did.

Sid

Lets all try to create a better tomorrow for India.

Dear Mohan Sir,
    I like the thread. In response to your question I have two answer for two different cases. First is Yes and Second is NO.
    There are some people who really care for our progress, got tensed on our mistakes and in result they criticized us. They have pain that I have done it wrong. I take this criticism as constructive for my development and will definitely help me to take out my flaw. In this case I really take it seriously and think over it and act.

Now there are some people who are happy to see that we are making mistake but showing false criticism. The criticism in such manner that we started delving in negative thought which I thing a big hurdle in our growth. So I prefer to ignore negative line and take positive one.

So constructive criticism should be consider and destructive should be ignore.

Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

Instead of encouraging sycophants and flatterers, it is always better to invite criticism. A good critic can be our better guide than a flatterer who can mislead us by his words. If we accept criticism, it would help us to find out where we are lagging and what remedial measures can be taken. Even a deliberate bad critic also can help us as to how we should deal with such people and be cautious with them in future.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Sign In to post your comments