1. Not all the people in India has an internet connection.
2. In many households, the internet is used by the youngsters, so there is a chance that the older people may not know how to use it.
3. Indian voters are in many categories, we have got old men and women well into their 80's and we have got illiterate people who will find it really difficult to use the E-polling system.
4. When all the voting takes place in a single day, that's millions of votes and tagging, categorizing will be a big issue. There is only so much that machines can do.
5. A simple transition from ballet papers to ballet machines took some years to fully implement.
6. In this age when hacking Technics are available in YouTube as a tutorial, if the programme is not secure, then there will be manipulations and leakage of data.
I would say the whole idea of conducting the whole elections in one day may really bring negative results than positive.
Lets all try to create a better tomorrow for India.
Please note that the words "Active GD" should not be placed in a title by members since those words are used to officially designate the reward program of group discussions that are approved as topics by the Webmasters. Hence, I have removed those words from the title of this thread as it will mislead members.
When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)