You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Wow, I found it. The old is New to me.

We many a times think to acquire the new skill for example to learn car driving, swimming, to learn new instrument, etc. We started to look the place from where we can get knowledge or help to gain that skill. We met to some people who already master in that skill and these skill are old for them but these are New to me and all other who are seeking too acquire that.

So A thought came in my mind we come across many things which are very old but we are come to know are New to us.

share your views.
    When we are not aware of a thing or the process and suddenly if we come to know about that in details as a tutorial surely we are overwhelmed as if we have achieved a new thing in life. For example the Railway engine driver job cannot be done by others and we are only aware of the thing that some one wold drive the train to safety and to the destination. Suddenly if you are offered to sit on the driver seat and of course operate the train under the guidance of expert driver then that would be new experience to you. Like this we can give many examples.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Prasanna,
    What you said is a truth, nothing but truth only. Old is always new to the new.

No life without Sun ¤

We have to know about the wrong to know the right also. Similarly even to unlearn we have to first learn. Most new things have come only from those who had learned old lessons first.

Our life is a continuum, over a period of time. There the old and new may not be opposing always in the immediate short period, but can be exact opposites after a long gap of time.

For example for those who were using windows 7,windows 10 may not be much new. But those who had lived familiar to just a calculator, Windows 10 with a touch screen will be tremendous developmental new thing.

For those present day children who are using mobile phone and laptops as toys, we who studied in schools when there was not even a calculator or TV may appear to be old aborigines. But mind you, we were modern and new in our times.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.