You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you ever tasted the previous day's soaked rice for breakfast?

Dear Members,
    Have you ever tasted the previous day's soaked rice for breakfast? The previous days soaked rice was/is a staple breakfast for the Tamils and Keralites. Have you tasted such an excellent breakfast in your life? If yes, what is your experience over its health benefit?
    Yes, Sun. I have taken it so many times. It is called 'Palaiya Soru' in Tamil. It has numerous health benefits. It improves overall immunity power. But this rice is most avoided now-a-days in Tamil people too. We only eat rice after filtering excess water of cooked rice. The filtered water has more powerful health benefits. When one of my close relative was admitted due to heart problem, the doctors advised only to give this filtered water of rice.
    Jeba.

Yes during my childhood I have taken many times along with Maa vadu and I feel this combination cannot be beaten. But slowly after some years this has become forgotten food but during my first pregnancy, this was my favourite as all other food items have tendency of vomiting. I feel this has given me enough strength and good delivery.

Of course nowadays as the food are not organic, we may have to omit many of the old fashioned food as those days are organic.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Normally we prepare some extra rice for the dinner as there are every chance that some guest or relative would come late in the evening and thus the remained rice would be soaked with water and the next day that rice is added with butter milk or curd and the taste would be good. In Tamil we call in Pazhayadhu and the soaked rice water is also good to treat our stomach free from germs. In Villages this the break fast for the those who want to leave home early for school or jobs. Believe me, one may not get hungry for at least four or five hours if they have this soaked rice.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments