You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Why my thread was deleted - Can the concerned editor give the reason?

ISC and Members,
    I recall ME's response in a thread that a member can raise a thread seeking the reason for deletion of his/her thread. Editors would respond with reasons for deletion. On that authority, I am rasing this thread to get a response from the concerned editor.

My problem:
    I raised a thread under Entertainment/actors category asking the members to list out the famous latest heroines of Hindi Cinema. Was it wrong? Are we not updating our knowledge about Hindi film actors. What could be the reason for its deletion.

Will the concerned editor explain as to why my thread on Hindi film actresses was deleted?
    May be ISC administration doesn't want detailed comparative analysis of heroines!
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha,
    It was not comparative analysis, but simply to update the knowledge about Hindi actors placed under Entertainment/Actors category.

@ The thread where I called for comparison of Lata - Anuradha - Shreya was permitted by ISC.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Please try to understand. While discussing latest heroines, ISC Members like Partha Kansabanik may get tempted to describe their beauty, dress, acting, relationship and various other parameters. This may not be suitable for this educational site.

(Enjoy the light-hearted comment.)

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

The thread is deleted!

I was looking for the thread in the forum but not found now. I saw in the evening but it is not available now. I would be eagerly waiting for the editors response.

Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

Partha,
    If your view is so, why should there be a category 'Entertainment' and sub category 'Actors'
    in the eductional portal ISC.

Are our Editors not aware of the existence of such category in forum section?

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

I have checked the said thread and there is nothing worth in it to discuss or share to enhance our knowledge. Moreover, it would be a curtain raiser for many such threads seeking information about other heroines in various regional languages. So, the action taken by the editor concerned is quite right in this case. Still you want an updated information, you can post a query in AE section and let the Forum be maintained its standard with qualitative threads.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Patro,
    I never expected such an answer from an Editor.

For your kind information - There is no such Entertainment/actors category in the AE(Ask Experts) section of ISC. Forum is the best section to raise thread on actors.

What kind of things you expected to be posted under Entertainment/Actors category? If forum is not suitable, Let ISC remove the Entertainment/Actors category from ISC forum.

If my thread was not worth for discussion, then what is worth for discussion on actors? ISC forum also handles information without any discussion.

No life without Sun ¤

It was a nice thread seeking comparison of voice between three leading ladies of past, medivial and present era singers and I have also made my response in it. Just cannot understand why the post was deleted ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congrats Sun, the said thread is again placed now for the members to discuss. This is the victory for you. But members should not misuse this opportunity and raise similar threads .
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr Mohan,
    Your good observation is a wrong observation. It is not the thread relating to three singers. It is a new thread asking the members to list out the famous current Hindi film heroines to update our knowledge on Hindi actors which got deleted by the Editors.

I think Editors don't like Actors but like the Singers.

No life without Sun ¤

Who is the concerned Editor and Where is the concerned Editor? Why the Concerned Editor is not coming up with a response as to what was the reason for deletion of my thread posted under 'Entertainment/Actors"?

ME Vandana: What happened to your assurance that the Editor would explain the reason for deletion if a separate thread was raised?

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

It is not necessary that the specific editor who deleted the thread is required to reply to a query, be it any post, any section. Any of the editors may reply after checking out the post (they may of course ask the editor who deleted it for a reason if they feel it should not have been deleted - we do very often have such internal discussions.) I checked the thread and I personally feel the deletion is justified. As Jagdish pointed out, there was nothing really to discuss. You merely asked who are the popular female actors of Hindi films. I think it is not at all conducive to any relevant discussion. One or two members will merely state whom they like and that's it. You might as well look up the Net ("getting into goggle" as you said in your quiz thread - a typo error there!)and see the top ranking or most popular ones.

Yes, it is not correct to state that such a query should be raised in the AE section. I think perhaps Jagdish just meant generally that a thread which is not apt for forum discussion can be posted as an AE query if it is relevant to that section.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

K Mohan,

Some gentle advice: You are requested to please understand what is being discussed and why before responding to any thread. Read the main text of the thread properly and also go through the responses already posted. Otherwise your responses will appear to be odd and out of context.

Madam Vandana,
    Why do we have a category Entertainment/Actors? What can be discussed under this category? If we raise a thread to discuss about an actor, ISC deletes it calling it as it affects the privacy of the actor. Then what could be discussed under that category. I asked the names of famous current Hindi film Heroines which doesn't affect the actress. All members may not know the names of all the heroines. One member would say Miss Alfa, another Miss Charlie and another Juliet. So, I don't think the thread had no importance.

I know that you cannot go against the Editor who deleted the thread but to support him.

Please say what can be posted under the category"Entertainment/Actor?

@ ISC is considered as one family, but there are two different families in ISC. One is the Editors' family and the other is the Members' family. In the Editors family one editor will not let down another editor. They always support each other even if they go wrong against a member.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

There can be plenty of intelligent discussions under the category. You just need to apply your mind to it. Let me give you some intelligent examples:
    1. Specific character role of an actor in a particular film - what is your interpretation of it? why do you think the Director selected that particular actor for that role? Would somebody else be able to do justice to it and how so?

2. Why just aspects related to films - why not about an actor in theatre? Or an actor in a documentary film? Or even in the new & popular online You Tube short film series?

I can think of other things too, but would rather you think for yourself and learn to come up with topics that don't merely elicit talk (not discussions) in terms of ranking, surveys and the like.

Sun,

Can you stop those rants about "I know that you cannot go against the Editor who deleted the thread but to support him. " Tiresome, unwarranted, baseless.

Madam Vandana,
    I have completed 70 months service in ISC. It is my experience that most of the threads on actors were deleted or locked earlier, in the past. Hence members are hesitant to use the Entertainment/Actor category.
    Entertainment/Actor category should permit members to raise anything on the actors. Don't suppress the members query about actors. Why should we go to Google to search for such information.

@ Why do you raise up when someone tells the truth. What I said about the Editors family is truth nothing but truth only. Was there any occasion when the Editors were checked for their wrong action? Never. Editors are always right and Members are always wrong. This is what the feeling of ISC ME.

You said that the concerned editor will come up to explain the reason for deletion. Where is the concerned editor?

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun,

We do consider you as one of the valuable members and did support your fun activity while it is within the periphery of the ISC guidelines. The deletion of the thread is an administrative decision and a thread of similar nature was also deleted. Let us close the issue. Your contention on editors is not correct. You may recall the instances where minus marks were awarded for responses for Editors also including ME. Treatment is same for all when things go out of track. As already responded by ME, internal discussions do take place and any error from our side is rectified with suitable suggestions to all. Your repeated blame game on ME is not appreciated and just go through this article wherein she has clearly explained her role and her balanced approach.

There is nothing to stretch over here and I prefer to lock this thread, if you say so.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Jagdish,
    I would still appreciate if the concerned editor who deleted my entertaining thread comes forward with his/her explanation before you lock this thread. It is has become a general practice to hide the concerned editor whenever a query is raised. Why not the concerned editor come forward and say 'Yes. I have deleted the thread for so and so reason'? Or is it an ISC policy that the concerned editor should not face the member?

@ I would say that the deletion of thread was first an editors decision, and then an administrative decision when the query was raised. Whom do the editor consult before deleting a thread. None but on his own will. This is evident from the responses posted by you and the ME.

No life without Sun ¤

I am helpless to convince you but no other option except locking this thread.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.